Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Two Wheeled Fans?

Texas Shriner

Seasoned Member
I've ridden for 45 years or so and was (still am) a big Ducati fan. Here are a few I've owned - the Italians sure know how to blend engineering and art!

Attachments

• godzilla.jpg
    godzilla.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 382
  • sofia.jpg
    sofia.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 384
  • 851.jpg
    851.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 387
Nice looking bikes! I am and have been a Harley rider for 35+ years. Currently have an '05 Screamin' Eagle Fatboy and '05 Road King Custom. Never find time to enjoy all my toys! :laugh:

SSPX0065.jpg91600128_edited.jpg

I've ridden for 45 years or so and was (still am) a big Ducati fan. Here are a few I've owned - the Italians sure know how to blend engineering and art!

Nice looking bikes! I am and have been a Harley rider for 35+ years. Currently have an '05 Screamin' Eagle Fatboy and '05 Road King Custom. Never find time to enjoy all my toys! :laugh:

/QUOTE]

Sweet rides! I've been looking around at another road bike; however, I almost feel it's surrendering to old man time. I did think about building a corner carver from a Sportster; however, I think Eric Buell already did that.

Fast bike

What about this one...

The Wazuma V8F has a 3.2L Ferrari V8 puts out 250 HP and weights less then 1500 LB

Attachments

• 1d6e56144ef74df5a4c78bb95a1ee62a (1).jpg
    1d6e56144ef74df5a4c78bb95a1ee62a (1).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 370
I've ridden for 40+ years, been a East Coast traveler from Maine to Key West, FL

346263 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Since 1985. Currently a heavily modded Valkyrie.

Shown here passing gas

2005-07-20-22h41m23-1.jpg

Hi Tex!
My lifetime of bike riding ended with a Goldwing in 2004. A couple of riding partners we had ridden with for years got killed in the mountains of east Tn. With grandkids we decided to hang it up.
The only Ducati I ever owned was a 250cc dirt bike in 1966. Loved it but traded it in 68 for new BSA Victor 441 single cylinder. It almost killed me but I wish I had it back.
Now I'm making do with my beloved XLR, a 37 Pontiac street rod, a 1970 Cadillac coupe De Ville with 63,000 actual miles, a honda Helix scooter and a street legal Club Car Precedent golf cart.
Life's been good.
Still is.

Now I'm making do with my beloved XLR, a 37 Pontiac street rod, a 1970 Cadillac coupe De Ville with 63,000 actual miles, a honda Helix scooter and a street legal Club Car Precedent golf cart.
Life's been good.
Still is.

You got pics of that '70 coupe? Had one as my first car. OD green, yellow brocade interior, black vinyl top, got it with 30k miles & ran it to 95k. At the end of its run it was still rock solid in engine & tranny but had a trunk leak & electrical gremlins that were more than I could take on at the time. Awesome car.

Sorry for getting off the 2 wheel track ... just so rare to even see a '70 Caddy mentioned.

Its a Firemist Green with a white vinyl top. 472 ci, all the 70 bells and whistles included.
I love to drive it with its huge wheelbase and cruise ship suspension. I'll post some pics when I pull it out of the garage in a couple of weeks.
In fact, I think I'll take a few shots of it with the XLR so you can see the incredible difference 44 years can make.
BTW...the interior is tan leather. Not a spot on it anywhere.

Last edited:
Its a Firemist Green with a white vinyl top. 472 ci, all the 70 bells and whistles included.
I love to drive it with its huge wheelbase and cruise ship suspension. I'll post some pics when I pull it out of the garage in a couple of weeks.
In fact, I think I'll take a few shots of it with the XLR so you can see the incredible difference 44 years can make.
BTW...the interior is tan leather. Not a spot on it anywhere.

Looking forward to seeing it, sounds sweet! Those '70 all power bells & whistles & that 472 (which will really move that thing as big & heavy as it is) ruined me for life - I have no patience for cars that don't have some get up & go. You're lucky to have that one.

I've ridden for 40+ years, been a East Coast traveler from Maine to Key West, FL

View attachment 3826

Of my 40 bikes I've only repeated with three (Honda SL350, Ducati Monster, and GL1500 Goldwing). All three very different; but, EXCELLENT rides. Here are some names for you old time dirt riders - Hodaka, Penton, Maico, or my favorite dirt ride Honda Elsinore (cost me $840 in the crate in 1974).

Hi Tex!
My lifetime of bike riding ended with a Goldwing in 2004. A couple of riding partners we had ridden with for years got killed in the mountains of east Tn. With grandkids we decided to hang it up.
The only Ducati I ever owned was a 250cc dirt bike in 1966. Loved it but traded it in 68 for new BSA Victor 441 single cylinder. It almost killed me but I wish I had it back.
Life's been good.
Still is.

I've lost friends on the road and track. I always smile and say think would be a great way to pass to the other side.

Don't forget the Bultaco, Hsqvarna, Yamaha IT 250 and the Yamaha YZ 500 Tex. Had 'em all.
That's why I don't walk so well now.

March 18, 1977

37 years ago tomorrow, March 18, 1977, I took delivery of a new 1977 Harley Davidson FXE-1200 Superglide.

I had ordered it earlier in Arctic White, which was not a stock color in 1977. H-D must have liked it as well, in 1978 Arctic White was available on Sportsters and Low Riders!

Here is a photo of what they used to look like while still in the shipping crate.

FXEinthebox.jpg

Here is a photo of me on my new ride taken March 18, 1977, in front of my local H-D Dealer. I have just taken delivery and am about to head out from the dealer for the first time!

FXE-1200March181977.jpg

And here is a recent photo of the same motorcycle.

I have now owned it for 37 years!

A few changes, but not too many.

DSC00450.jpg

VERY nice CP. Maybe I should buy me a Honda CR1000 and meet you at Fontana Village for a day of riding 129 up Deal's Gap.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom