Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

We are New XLR owners. Have a few questions

Zimmer

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR red
As a new crimson red 05 XLR owner, I have a few questions and need your input.

While washing the car over the weekend, I noted that the left headlight assembly got foggy. After pulling back in the garage and sitting overnight it went away. In my research, it appears the light assembly is no longer available so what do you recommend? Carfax mentions minor damage to the LF so obviously this had an impact on the light most likely.

another question pertains to the headliner. At the front middle of the headliner there is an indentation about the size of a quarter. The fabric is cut around it so I guess that something goes in there but don't know what it may be. Seems odd that there is a round space with out it's being dressed up with something?
another question is if the 2005 has a built in back up camera? I see a black assembly to the left of the license plate frame but don't see anything on the radio.

Speaking of which, the current(original) system is outdated. What package may provide a GPS, Back up camera and a radio. The CD player is so old school now.
What are popular systems that you may recommend

There are plenty of articles here about stereo/dvd/nav systems people have done to their cars. I did mine in 2016 with a Kenwood unit including b/u camera. I suggest doing a search and reading at your leisure. More info than you want to know.
And sounds as if the headlight has lost it's structural integrity (seal) and is letting moisture in. Occasionally, you'll find used ones on ebay but for a premium.
And the hole in the headliner is probably the hole for the hand crank to raise/lower the roof when everything else fails. If you're lucky, you should have a black metal wrench for that purpose.

There are plenty of articles here about stereo/dvd/nav systems people have done to their cars. I did mine in 2016 with a Kenwood unit including b/u camera. I suggest doing a search and reading at your leisure. More info than you want to know.
And sounds as if the headlight has lost it's structural integrity (seal) and is letting moisture in. Occasionally, you'll find used ones on ebay but for a premium.
And the hole in the headliner is probably the hole for the hand crank to raise/lower the roof when everything else fails. If you're lucky, you should have a black metal wrench for that purpose.
Just a quick question....where is this metal wrench suppose to be located?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom