Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Weak radio signal

ron6962

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR Platinum Edition
When I start my 2007 XLR with the radio on, I notice the signal is weak. I can turn off the radio and turn it back on, and the signal is normal. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

XM radio

I hope I’m in the right thread area. But my XM radio just started acting up. It sounds like a loose wire somewhere but can’t really tell. Every time I go over a little bump the song goes out. Every time I try and change programs within the XM radio, the display stays on for awhile but then eventually switches to radio band. I explained this problem to my service guy thinking it was a loose wire. But he said bring it in tomorrow and we can search the problem. But it’ll be at the shops $120-150.00 hr or somewhere in that price range. My question is should I pull the car out and hit my onstar button to see if they can diagnose the problem.oh yeah I tried the turning it off then back on. But the XM still does the breaking up signal. It’s just annoying

Last edited:
When I start my 2007 XLR with the radio on, I notice the signal is weak. I can turn off the radio and turn it back on, and the signal is normal. Any ideas on what might be causing this?
My 06 just started doing this. Except mine is the XM and still the signal goes in and out.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom