Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What did you do to / with your XLR today?

Well for me it started at 1:30pm on Monday. Took the xlr out for a long hot run. Hot being 97f heat index o probably 104.
8206904d3dc65bba0a4eb3fac8dcbbca.jpg

But then did some other stops and looked over at the radio temp area and it said 100. Couldn’t get a pic though being in stop and go traffic and phone was in my pocket. Plus wearing a glove so couldn’t really use the camera feature. But took that pic when I was pulled in a parking space. But dummy me had the top down. But the cooking seats on hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did an inside job on mine - put some Zaino leather conditioner (Z-10) on my seats and leather trim, plus used Blackfire interior protectant on everything else. Love the new leather smell from the Zaino.

Today was another day of cleaning up suspension and brake calipers. I'm sooooo slow! It's the weather I guess (hot), and the summer chores that interrupt things, and the fact that the tasks at hand are not horrid, just repetitive!

Maybe I should have stuck with motorbikes...1 front wheel, 1 rear. Done. :lol:

Well to give me something to do I just gave my xlr a waterless car wash. I was going to do the rims too but used the spray once and found out the bottle was empty. It’s a tight squeeze in my single car garage. So had to be a extortionist to get to some of the places because of the small garage
Here is the space that I have to work with.
abaeef52e3ef1ed700ee08a55ba62415.jpg

fd542a364294690ba1fa31c8cdb2d4e1.jpg

It’s alright but when I get to the right side I have to watch out. So I either have to go one foot in front of the other or side step with inches between myself and the car.

Happily displaying the wind restrictor all cleaned up since nothing to do the other day. Then yesterday ran a quick errand temp was 85 but felt like 95-100. So I didn’t have the top down. Decided to blow out the garage today so backed the caddy out and dropped her top so I could use the California duster to clean the dash and some other areas.
d91a095c787b6a3d32295dfcc7ece4be.jpg

1d2ce4aa4a59e787a7dd7de0cb61ca33.jpg

Ok so here's the latest with my XLR-V("s). My 2007 "V" was totaled in a freak accident a few months ago. I was leaving a gas station and as I was going over one of the "Fuel" manhole covers that the tankers use to fill the station tanks, it sounded like a bomb went off underneath the car, and my car came to a stop. (A Very) Long story short, it caught the bottom transmission mount and broke out a 12inch section of aluminum from the transmission. Since Cadillac couldn't find a single transmission (new or used) to replace or repair it, they TOTALED the car ($25,700 Pay Out). Not too bad since the car had 106K miles on it. (SEE THE DAMAGE AND OUR LAST PHOTO WITH THE CADDY BEFORE IT WENT TO THE SALVAGE YARD) So I finally found a (almost spotless) 2006 Black XLR V with only 21K miles on it in Columbus, OH, and drove it back to Florida (Straight Through / 15-Hours). So, with all of that said, if you guys have any more reunions please keep me in the loop (jgregdevlin@gmail.com) because the 15-year reunion was a lot of fun. (Right Cubby, Army Al, Nils?!?)
2007 CADILLAC XLR V CIRCLE K QUARTER HIGH FUEL MAN HOLE COVER.jpg2007 CADILLAC XLR V MIKE ERDMAN PHOTOS 4 1 2020 TRANSMISSION AND PAN .jpgCADILLAC XLR V LAST PHOTOS TAKEN 4 3 2020 WITH THE CADDY.jpgBLACK 06 CADDY XLR V AND HARLEY SIDECAR.jpgBLACK 06 CADDY XLR V JACLYN PASSENGER SIDE FRONT .jpgBLACK 06 CADDY XLR V ABOVE VIEW.jpg

Tiki,, $25.7 ins. pay out, :thumbsup good claim for a 100K mile car.

attachment.php

Did you pick-up that quarter in the picture?

Yeah, after looking at what seemed to be the average price of 07 V’s with over 100k on the odometer, I think the payout was fair. And yes, the quarter was mine. I just wanted to show how high the cover was sticking out of the ground for insurance purposes. I told the Circle K Gas station management that the concrete Isn’t poured all the way up to the edge of the cover and that they’re leaving themselves open for more problems with other customers because there are many more cars that sit just as low as the Cadillac XLR that could be damaged, but they still haven’t done anything about it at all. Needless to say I don’t drive in there anymore because I don’t want to take a chance.

thumbnail[1].jpg
Drove up to Dennison Texas Saturday morning where about 50-60 cars parked along Main Street for a nice get-together. Saw some friends and beautiful cars. Great to get out for a change!

Your misfortune has stuck in my head. Yesterday when I stopped for gas, the station had a lot of these things sticking up fairly high. You better believe I gave them a wide berth!

Met several other car nuts at Paris, Texas, and went on two hour cruise of the backroads of NE Texas. Saw some beautiful scenery.
Come on folks! Get out there & drive 'em! And send pix! Your area may still be in semi-lockdown, but that doesn't keep you from enjoying your baby and the scenery. As the Chevy commercials say, "Find new roads." I'll add, "In your XLR!"
IMG_2894.jpg

Well I spot cleaned some areas of the caddy. Then later that afternoon my car group was supposed to have a meet up. But soon after I arrived the sky just had other plans. So after 45 min or so. The 3 cars and the secretary and guy that brought the music [emoji444] wagon/trailer decided to call it quits. When I got back in the garage the car was still shining and looked like glass.

True Badgeless Grill

I've been poking away at this for quite some time this summer. It's frustrating as I'm most certainly not a 'bodywork' sort of guy. Now in the primer stage, well, have a look and you're welcome to say doing this was a good thing or bad. :lol: Personally, on account of the XLR being so bizarre, de-badging / completely de-branding struck me as a sort of fun thing to do.

By the way: It took 2 grills to do this. The second grill I got was quite nice and if someone is after a 99.99% as new emblem for the center, just let me know. I believe that second grill was stored away for ages and there's no sun-fade with that emblem at all.

I figure what with the 'Thunder Gray' body color, I'll probably stick with a silver color grill and on account of my less than perfect work, probably not too glossy - more 'flat silver' so to say. This picture is in flat black primer with some contrast cranked up just a little.

Gord :thumbsup

Attachments

• 2020-09-02 grill progress 1.jpg
    2020-09-02 grill progress 1.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 211
Did my regular Zaino leather treatment today. But before I did that, I just sat for a while in my ‘06 and soaked in the new car smell that’s still there after 14 years and 47k miles, enjoyed the zero gravity seat that I wish I had for a recliner in my den, and just thanked my God above for the blessings I have. Tomorrow a.m. one or another of the XLR’s is getting treated to a nice long top down run - & I’ll be treated too.

Happy Labor Day to all!

I dropped the right gas tank and replaced the fuel pump to fix my gas gage not working problem. (Hasn’t worked for about 2.5 years due to bad sensor. Tried all the fuel system cleaners. Didn’t help)
Got it out, replaced the pump and about half back in, having problem getting the crossover tube to lock back in place.

Finally a nice day with no humidity & nice temps, took the V out for long run. Early morning, no traffic, no dump trucks (we have too many of those). Enjoyed some throttle stomping, speedy fun! :naughty:

Sounds like fun! Think I'll try that same thing tomorrow.

Very nice here in PA too, took Roxy out last Sunday and drove until we were lost, then Wendy ask her phone to take us back to KFC in Gettysburg to pick up dinner, then went out again this evening and planning on Cruz’in tomorrow too!
4e5f491ea1d85b7fb854996f24279333.plist

e7af736cc206d5ddeeae4053122cd3fd.jpg

a45b29afb81bb8e24e6dc4500a31da65.plist

Thanks
Caddy Dan using Tapatalk

The xlr is waiting for a non rainy. She is tucked away in her bedroom right now. Dreaming of the day that she can go out and play in the sun. Right now florida is drowning from all the rain we’ve had. And more rain is on the way.

Several of us from the North Texas Cadillac LaSalle Club went on a nice cruise along the Red River in north Texas. Perfect weather. Great fun.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom