Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

what type of Jack do you use to lift without driving in 2x4s, any air jacks?

Jaxrwild

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum
to take off my wheels need to drive on 2x4s to get my pump Jack underneath, any compress air jacks that will work?

I carry one of these in my cars with low clearance:

FMCF0004.jpg

Luckily I haven't had to use it...

p z

20181225_173128.jpg
I all ready have a lift in my garage I just wanted to remove wheels for cleaning

I use a long reach, low profile floor jack from Harbor Freight. Here is one they currently list:

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I could just lower the car on to jack stands from the lift I just want to be able to remove the wheels to clean the wheels and clean behind the wheels?

I'm wondering if I could just lower the car on to jack stands from the lift I just want to be able to remove the wheels to clean the wheels and clean behind the wheels?

I wouldn’t mind doing that too. But I don’t have a big enough garage space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t mind doing that too. But I don’t have a big enough garage space
0bdd59d69856bb910e971523340daaec.jpg

to take off my wheels need to drive on 2x4s to get my pump Jack underneath, any compress air jacks that will work?

I pick one of these from Harbor Freight for around $80

5933806def3660d70d7a42fb0eee83cf.jpg

On sale right now! May not be the best jack for an everyday garage but a few uses now n then it’s perfect!
ad3c192c4f306063a32f819de1e6736a.jpg

Try this website. But it’s a little expensive.

QuickJack - Car Lift for your Garage or Shop

We have one of those here in Florida we have for our Suburban etc (we have a drive on 4 post hoist in Ontario) but I have not yet tried to slide the Quick Jack under the XLR - and we did buy the heavier weight version which is 3.6" high where the other one is 3" high when collapsed. Work super well and the vehicle is solid and secure - no worry about accidents. These photos show it using the extension posts needed for higher vehicles - before we lowered it! Makes detailing so much easier and obviously mechanical work a lot easier to do.

Attachments

• 20180314_112327.jpg
    20180314_112327.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 282
  • 20180314_112304.jpg
    20180314_112304.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
I use a positioning dolly (Harbor freight) to jack the car. Then a normal floor jack will fit under the frame.

You can use a regular floor jack to lift the car once you get some of the round pucks that attach to the body. About the size of a hockey puck. This keeps the floor jack from contacting damaging the body rail. Some of the corvette guys sell them and you can usually get them on ebay.

never jack it without a puck. regular jacks will bend the frame in a heartbeat without a board or something on them . The little proud spots on the jack pad will make a big dent in the frame = UGLY

i like this one from costco. arcan 3.0 ton. 99 dollars. and costco warranty !
imageService.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back