Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

wheel question

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
I'm going to get new wheels for trixie. The factory wheels are a 45 mm ofset. All I can find is 38 or 38 mm offset. they tell me this wont matter but I wanted to check here to get an opinion. Cadillac tech, what's your thoughts. Is this OK?

I think you will be fine. I know there have been other members that have changed their wheels, I wonder what the offset difference was?

Bruce :cool:

Less wheel offset extends the wheel further out of the fender well. More offset puts the wheel further into the wheel well. Since you are only 7mm difference (just over 1/4 inch) you should have no problem. Greater differences would require checking your clearances, both inner and outer.

You also don't say if you are going to use your stock tires or go bigger, either in width and/or diameter. That would also require checking clearances. Don't forget about wheel travel--up and down also.

Also make sure the wheels are made for the XLR, so you have the correct clearance for the brake calipers!!!

I'm going to get new wheels for trixie. The factory wheels are a 45 mm ofset. All I can find is 38 or 38 mm offset. they tell me this wont matter but I wanted to check here to get an opinion. Cadillac tech, what's your thoughts. Is this OK?

When I bought them, They checked with GM and they said it was a 45 offset so I went with a 38 The tires I got are 255 35 20. Iv'e had them for 2 months and they have never rubbed.

Dave,
I have to agree with you on that. The wheel and tire combo you choose looks great on your car.

Bob

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back