Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wind deflector

phillyroket

My XLR/V(s)
2006 infra red
Any suggestions on a wind deflector.... still looking for help with iPod interface.

thanks

Roket

Probably the best looking you'll find is a Windrestrictor - http://www.kingpennindustries.com/WindR/ - but also probably the most $$. I think they all work about equally as well. I have a Windblox... very noticeable difference with the top down and windows up. Slight difference with top down and windows down.
You can find some very good deals on all types on Ebay. That's where I found mine... shipped for $60.

Any suggestions on a wind deflector.... still looking for help with iPod interface.

thanks

Roket

FYI - I paid $532.00 which included shipping for mine May 2011 from http://www.kingpennindustries.com/WindR/ but I really do love :love: it, But i got the $99.00 Light kit with brighter brake light systems. you can see it in my picture. If you have any questions about it please let me know! Caddy Man Dan

I also have the lighted windrestrictor and not only do I like it, but I have not met anyone that doesn't like it. Simple to hook up also.

I'll throw my hat in for the Wind Restrictor, as well. Mine has the Caddy crest and is illuminated with the brake light module. Lots of positive comments... looks really good, IMO... and actually does deflect some of the turbulence : )

It costs a relative premium, but I'd have it for the appearance even if it did a crappy job with the wind.

I will also have to say, I love my Windrestrictor. I too, have the brake light option and topdown driving, at night, really adds some cool light effects. There are some "reflecting" issues, as you might imagine, with oncoming lights, but IMO, not too bad, you do eventually get used to it.

I think they are located right there in Texas, aren't they? :dunno: Definitely check them out.

I have the WindRestrictor with brake light kit on my Crossfire Roadster and love it, but went with the OEM mesh windscreen for the XLR.
:cool:

Air Mike wind restrictor question

When does yours light up?
All the time?
For brake lights?
I'm getting ready to order one of those critters and I'm curious how the lighting works/looks.
Thanks

There is a rheostat dial for controlling the intensity of the illumination. Mine activates when the headlights are on... at a "medium" intensity. When I brake the intensity is magnified to near maximum. My color selection is red and have a Cadillac Crest etching that is illuminated along with the outside edge of the entire glass.

An investment for sure, but looks really nice IMO.

Hope this HELPS!

When does yours light up?
All the time?
For brake lights?
I'm getting ready to order one of those critters and I'm curious how the lighting works/looks.
Thanks

Steve
I sent some pics for you also!
The wind restrictor kit I bought works with the headlights either manually or on auto. I also found if you turn on just the fog lights only, the restrictor lights operate even when the headlights are off!. The wiring is pretty easy wires in back in the trunk off of the wires to the rear tail lights they sent along good instructions. It took my wife and I about 1 and half hours to do. I mounted the restrictor control box in the center waterfall on the inside of the flipdown door with doubleface tape. (See Pics.) There is a toogle switch to operate these functions (forward battery/center off/back works with car lighting system) the 9volt battery is for car shows (it don't last to long but is a pretty cool feature). The other 2 black round knobs are to control the lighting on the wind restrictor, front knob is for off to desired brightness when brake applied, the back knob is for adjustment of the off to desired brightness when headlights auto/manually are on. I choose the blue color mixes nice with my silver XLR and then bought blue leds to match on license plate which looks pretty awesome at night! :rocker: We just :love: ours!!!!
Go to this site for more info. http://www.kingpennindustries.com/WindR/
MORE QUESTIONS? LET ME KNOW! HAPPY TO HELP :blinzel: !!!!
Caddyman Dan :wave:
You can click on pics to enlarge
View attachment 1702
Light off clear
View attachment 1703
On (daytime) in garage
View attachment 1704
Matching LEDS on Lic. plate
View attachment 1705
Control box on center door
View attachment 1706
Control box on center door

I ordered the windblox one today. The kingpenn one obviously looks loads better but is over 3x the price. I paid $109 including shipping and if you don't like it, it says you can get a refund and they pay the shipping back! I'll take some pics whenever it arrives, hopefully this week.

For anyone currently looking for a kingpenn one, there is one on ebay for $339 with $24 shipping. It is not lit and has a Cadillac symbol on it.

Mine lights with the brake pedal only. Seems like it was $365 or 385. There are options as stated above, I would buy mine again. Sorry no pics, the same as caddy man Dan, only red. Mike

I ordered the windblox one today. The kingpenn one obviously looks loads better but is over 3x the price. I paid $109 including shipping and if you don't like it, it says you can get a refund and they pay the shipping back! I'll take some pics whenever it arrives, hopefully this week.

For anyone currently looking for a kingpenn one, there is one on ebay for $339 with $24 shipping. It is not lit and has a Cadillac symbol on it.

I picked up one from Windblox a few years ago on EBay for $60 shipped. Does a fantastic job... doesn't look as nice as a Kingpenn one, but it does essentially the same thing at a fraction of the cost.

$60! Well shoot....

Well, to be honest, it WAS several years ago when I purchased it. I actually figured, "Hey, if it's junk, it's no big deal. I've probably wasted more $ on less in the past." But, I was glad it was just what the doctor ordered. Being smoked dark amber in color... it looks pretty sharp (IMO, anyway.)

Did you put it towards the front of the car or in behind the rollbars? I've seen pictures both ways.

Would this in the middle on both sides make it classier or uglier? Seems easy to stick one of those on both sides. Any sticker or emblem would do.

Did you put it towards the front of the car or in behind the rollbars? I've seen pictures both ways.

Would this in the middle on both sides make it classier or uglier? Seems easy to stick one of those on both sides. Any sticker or emblem would do.

I put it in front of the rollbars. Actually, IMHO, I think the Cadillac Crest would ugly it up somewhat. But, you could always tape it in place temporarily to see if you like it before sticking it on permanently.

A big piece of clear packing tape! I've got my tracking number from windblox but it doesn't pull up anything in UPS yet.

most shipping sites take 24 hours to update onto website for the first time. Which windscreen did you order?

Yeah I'm not in any big rush, he may not have even shipped it yet. The thing I got was automatic from UPS when he generated the shipping label. I ordered the windblox, non-tinted with clear straps. I think the total was $119.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom