Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wiring

klaptrapper

My XLR/V(s)
2006-V black, ebony
I would like to attach a remote radar detector to my XLR. Has anyone on the net found an acceptable way to bring a wire into the cabin from a device installed the front grill area? Any experience will help me.
Thanks, Rusty

Yes rusty when I installed my Front Curb Alert there is away on the passenger door side up at the top to come though from under the hood into the door area and slip it behind the inner door trim into the cabin area, to bring your wiring up from the front bumper. I'm thinking online they have some info on this at curbalert.com, if not let me I'll see if I can find some more info here at home if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

tDan, Thank you for replying to my request to route a wire into the cabin from under hood.
That web site "curb alert.com" does not relate to a curb scraper kind of gizmo nor address wiring that I can find . If you can provide a more detailed description of how to do the routing, I would be appreciative.

Rusty

Yes rusty when I installed my Front Curb Alert there is away on the passenger door side up at the top to come though from under the hood into the door area and slip it behind the inner door trim into the cabin area, to bring your wiring up from the front bumper. I'm thinking online they have some info on this at curbalert.com, if not let me I'll see if I can find some more info here at home if you need it.

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Be glad too I'll try and check it out for you!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I would like to attach a remote radar detector to my XLR. Has anyone on the net found an acceptable way to bring a wire into the cabin from a device installed the front grill area? Any experience will help me.
Thanks, Rusty

I wouldn't recommend running any wire through your door jambs. You have a chance of pinching the wire in the insulation, let alone you'll see the wire passing through the jamb every time you open the door. Even on the curb alert site they recommend going through the firewall.
Pull back the carpet on the passenger floor board. You might see a place to go through the firewall from factory holes or unused grommets, or snake the wires through the existing wire looms. Just my 2 cents.

That's wired because my wiring direction told me to bring it though the hood into the top of passenger door area you can not see it and never had a pinch problem with mine. Still works fine. Just saying!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I'm not saying anyone is wrong" theirs many ways to skin a cat". I'm just stating a tried and true clean way of routing wires into the engine bay.

Thanks all, I decided to abandon the installation in the caddy. I already have one installed on the space between the seat backs. It works well there, with a cap covering it from view. I installed it in my miata.

Rusty

Thanks, Rusty

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back