Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Die Cast 1/18 silver

05 GRAND DADDY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR
Hey folks I'm on a roll and been and going crazy :willy_nilly: searching on internet & ebay for a silver 1/18 XLR Die Cast with no luck would any one have one or know of where to buy one? Thanks! Caddy Man Dan

You just have to watch eBay like a hawk!

Early one Sunday morning before church, a guy listed about 25 diecast cars of all types. They were all starting at $20.00 with a BIN of $25.00 on each.

It just so happened that one of them was a Crimson Pearl XLR! I hit BIN so fast the laptop keys were smoking. When I received it, it was perfect, without a mark on it!

I've noticed that the going price on eBay for them seems to be from $55.00 to $85.00!

I was lucky enough to find one on eBay about a year ago in Crystal Gold Mist. I was the only one to bid on it and got it for $20.00 (Reserve) plus s/h. Just keep an eye on ebay they do pop up from time to time.

:cool:

I did buy a 1/43 & 1/64 silver and also 1/18 scale black XLR, but would like to find 1/18 silver one. My XLR is 05 but since they mostly all look the same any model will do! I have my iphone setup to alert me when new XLR items are put on ebay. But if anyone would happened to see a new up for bid or buy now 1/18 silver for sale please send me an email dlgouker@comcast.net my email is attached to my iphone so I well recieved. Thanks for all your replies! :wave:

Last edited:
Thanks Sandy I'm checking shipping cost. Last time from UK I click on buy now it was $43.00 US$ any said I owe to pay by Pay Pal $105.40 so I ended up not buying it!

Don't know what's up with the UK sellers but I email this site on the night you sent this to me and still have not heard back from them yet!

I have not heard back yet either from the toher guy, strange way to do business :dunno: I will send another inquiry.

Wish I could find one that everything opens like this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351198527.034772.jpgthat would make me very happy. All the ones that I have seen only have the doors and hood open. I guess I haven't been looking at the right sites

Thanks all. I found one and in the same color (or close to my car) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351907828.563104.jpg and I also found the xlr signed book ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351907890.302212.jpg.

Thats just ridiculous.....:eek:
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Ouch. Then an additional 12.00 to ship.

Ended at $192.50 plus $12.99 shipping!

Good thing I already have mine, and a spare!

Good thing I got mine too I got the car and a signed xlr book for just under that price. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352601891.238110.jpg.
And I didn't have to pay shipping. I just had to drive 11 miles and meet up with a guy who sold them to me.

From what I understand from a few diecast forums, the Hot Wheels XLR are not that rare and there are a lot of them out there. The holy grail of XLR die cast is a 2004 XLR made by Nov Rev in France. It is highly detailed and has a working top. :cool:

yse2a7u8.jpg

e4upa9ad.jpg

uzejytem.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics