Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR questions

scrannel

Great, thanks! Ok, now re-reading the locked history thread brings another question to mind: I had a C6 with Mag suspension, which I loved. But many of us pulled out standard sway bars and stuck the Z51 bars on with a very noticeable handling boost. But, at the limits the stock tires had a tendency to break loose as the Z51 came with a more sticky tire compound. So..

1) Is adding the V rear sway bar a bolt-on affair?
2) Did the V come with a different tire (size/compound etc.)?
3) I believe I read that the mag suspension was calibrated differently for the V -- true?
4) Where can I put my snowboard?

Great, thanks! Ok, now re-reading the locked history thread brings another question to mind: I had a C6 with Mag suspension, which I loved. But many of us pulled out standard sway bars and stuck the Z51 bars on with a very noticeable handling boost. But, at the limits the stock tires had a tendency to break loose as the Z51 came with a more sticky tire compound. So..

1) Is adding the V rear sway bar a bolt-on affair?
Yes, adding the V sway bar is a simple bolt-on to the base model... with quite a noticeable help in cornering.

2) Did the V come with a different tire (size/compound etc.)?
I believe the V's came with a different size tires... someone with a V will have to pipe in here.

3) I believe I read that the mag suspension was calibrated differently for the V -- true?
Again, a V owner will have to pipe in... but I believe the Mag Suspension is the same on both the V and base.

4) Where can I put my snowboard?
Snowboard???? I'm pretty sure most XLR owners don't drive their XLR in the snow. At least not those owners in the snowy part of the US - I have a Jeep Liberty for getting around in the snow. Here in Montana, the front valance panel would drag on the snow... after all, the valance is only about 1 1/2 inches off the ground. That's just a skiff of snow up here!!!

The V has 255/40-19 on the back and 235/45-19 on the front vs 235/50-18 front and back for the base XLR.

OK, another question: I saw it mentioned somewhere on the forum that the adaptive cruise control would not work with the V grill. Several of the cars I'm looking at have "upgraded" to the V grill.

Thanks

OK, another question: I saw it mentioned somewhere on the forum that the adaptive cruise control would not work with the V grill. Several of the cars I'm looking at have "upgraded" to the V grill.

Thanks

It's the full lower grille addition that effects it. Not the upper grille.

Thanks
It's my understanding that it is a problem with the fact that additional coolers (oil and blower) behind the driving lights take up the room where the unit is mounted on a non-V.

I may have a set of chrome wheels and OEM tires fom my V for sale soon.

Last year at our regular weekend car show there was a gentleman there that owned a 2007 XLR with the mesh lower grilled installed. I asked him if he did not mind that the adaptive cruise control no longer worked. He had a puzzled look and asked me what I was talking about, he stated that the mesh grille did not affect the cruise control. He took me for a ride and just like he said, the cruise control worked as normal. There was no modification he just swapped out the lens/grille and installed the mesh grille and everything worked as normal.

:cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back