Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

xlr shock absorber replacement cost

ALBERTAN

Dealer advises $4000.00 plus labor to replace shock absorbers on 2006 xlr with only 28000 miles has anyone got a better solution at a reasonable cost:dunno:

There's a conversation about this if you go into search. It's crazy to pay for original shocks that apparently don't last for these cars. So many people store these cars more than they're driven. The old saying USE IT OR LOSE IT seems to fit when it comes to the shocks.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

rockauto seems to have a decent price on the shocks right now. Have a local place swap them out. It should be half what the dealership wants.

is the car riding that bad? are they leaking or locked up? Most delaers just look at the mand see some oil and sy replace them. They can be converted to corvette shocks but require a vette shop to trick the computer with a simulator. I had mine done and it handles better than ever. total cost on mine was less than 900$ Of course we have some twisty roads around and I like to drive a little hard. The older magnetic shocks worked but I am sure not as well as they could have when new. Like others said. I think you could buy all 4 delco replacement mag shocks online for 2500 or less and pay a reputable shop maybe 300 to install. . its just a few nuts and bolts. I will see if one of the guys that I know that work in Naples know a good shop. That is if someone tells you that you absolutely need replacement .I also pm you

be aware of the part numbers. There are several for each year car and some do not interchange. I can tell you the two rear have different numbers but if you use the old upper metal mount ,they are the same from side to side.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom