Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR spotted at car show

jamsto

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black Cherry Platinum
We saw this xlr today at a local car. Rebodied to resembel 1959 Chevy. xlr.JPGxlr2.JPGxlr.JPG

Man thats ugly....the designer should be arrested.....:eek:
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I've gotta say I have never seen anything like it before, I hope I don't again either:D

Sure looks like they put a lot of quality work into it though.

I have seen some Corvettes with similar "kits". There is a 2053 kit that puts front and rear clips onto a 2003 (C5) Corvette that makes the modern corvette looks like a 1953 vette (but obviously lower and wider). Its a personal preference - if you like that kind of stuff. :dunno:

rightfront.jpg

I personally LOVE the '59 Chevy - but not on an XLR chassis. :(

I would ask "why" the owner did that, but I don't think I wanna know.

I kinda think the XLR looks ok as-is, without being turned into a '59 Chevy, or a "Godfather" car as I've seen elsewhere.

But that's just me!

I agree

Man thats ugly....the designer should be arrested.....:eek:
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I agree that looks ugly

At the carshow in Carefree today the XLR that was being shown right beside mine was an 06V that had been "wraped". It was silver just like mine and is now an Army Green with dull orange rocker panels and calipers. The man said he took it to have painted and they told him it would lower the value and suggested he should just have it wraped. He had other colors to pick from but decided on the flat green. He also had the raised part of the hood, the grill and the windshield pillars covered in some dull black metal looking something or other. I should have taken a picture but just couldn't bring myself to take a picture of such an ugly XLR.

I'll bet the trunk space is improved, whaddyathink? :chuckle Looks like the body work was well done, tho.

Whoever came up w/ this concept has mental issues, methinks...

:banghead:

Tim

That looks ugly. I agree the person should b shot.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom