Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR vs. Deer

MO BAD CAD

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR - SILVER
The drivers mirror smacked a deer in the head this weekend. Not sure how the deer came out, but I have a cracked mirror shell and a lot of safety glass and LCD (dimming) fluid inside the cockpit. Fortunately, my window was down, but the mirror glass flew across and hit the passenger window (which was up). The shattered mirror carcass landed at my wife's feet and glass was imbedded in the window tint. Wife has a few cuts in her hands, but a few more inches back and we would have had a big problem.

Hitting one or all 3 deer was inevitable, they were standing on the centerline of the highway, but the car was amazing when I did a quick brake check and swerved at 65 +/- mph.

The "Corvette in a Tuxedo" might have saved my life. Not so sure the deer faired as well.

Glad to hear that you and your wife are okay. I like your phrase "Corvette in a Tuxedo", nice. Please post pictures if you have them.

The drivers mirror smacked a deer in the head this weekend. Not sure how the deer came out, but I have a cracked mirror shell and a lot of safety glass and LCD (dimming) fluid inside the cockpit. Fortunately, my window was down, but the mirror glass flew across and hit the passenger window (which was up). The shattered mirror carcass landed at my wife's feet and glass was imbedded in the window tint. Wife has a few cuts in her hands, but a few more inches back and we would have had a big problem.

Hitting one or all 3 deer was inevitable, they were standing on the centerline of the highway, but the car was amazing when I did a quick brake check and swerved at 65 +/- mph.

The "Corvette in a Tuxedo" might have saved my life. Not so sure the deer faired as well.
Wow, you and your wife are quite lucky that you got through this.

Fred

This is the most telling picture.

Passenger side door/window.

BTW $1337.02 estimate from Progressive.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics