Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLRs Scheduled for Barrett-Jackson Auction in January

Lot #394 2004 CADILLAC XLR ROADSTER - Hammered on block for $29000

Buyer paid $31,900 *Includes Buyer Commission

Seller receives, after commission fee deducted, $26,100

About right for first year model

Lot 647 is a very rough car, looks like it was just pulled out of a garage. Dusty, damaged paint, neglected. Let’s hope it get cleaned up before it hits the block. Doesn’t seem like a high dollar car!

Lot 647-$14.3
Lot 651-$41.8
Including all commissions. Interesting range obviously based on condition.

Wow - Just saw an 07 XLR-V go for 63K. Must have been super nice!

Gary

Lot #647 2007 CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE

Hammered on block > $13,000

Buyer pays > $14,300 *includes buyer commission fee

Seller takes home > $11,700 after commission fee

The seller must have a sore butt after their car sold? :ugh:

Lot #651 2004 CADILLAC XLR ROADSTER 34,000 miles

Hammered on block > $37,620

Buyer pays > $41,800 *includes buyer commission fee

Seller takes home > $33,860 after commission fee

Pretty darn good for a 2004 first year car

Designated Hitter,,,,,,,

Lot #696.1 2007 CADILLAC XLR-V CONVERTIBLE 41000 miles in red

Hammered on block > $67,300

Buyer pays > $74,800 * includes commission fee

Seller takes home > $60,600 after commission fee paid

IMO,,,,this one was a 'walk-off' home run! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Lot 696.1 was clean and in excellent condition! Several enthusiastic bidders, big crowd here today! Wow, what a great price.

Once again, V models in great condition and low mileage do exceedingly well at BJ. Especially in Red.:) In case of the V, there were only 2188 made. The last year model (2009 V) will go through the roof when sold. Let's see how the last V will be sold on Sunday. Correction made.

Last edited:
Shouldn't the seller (696.1) take home between $60-61K?

Last edited:
The last XLR on the docket will appear sometime on Sunday.

Correct Al,,,,,,my error.... was in a hurry to leave the house today.

Seller takes home > $60,600 after commission fee paid

Did any of the XLRs make it on TV? I recorded everything I could of the broadcasts, but haven't found ANY of the XLRs. I was hoping to hear what the commentators had to say about the XLR's viability as a collector car, value, reputation, etc.
Last year when Mecum came to Dallas, I talked to both Dana Mecum and John Kraman. Both were lukewarm as to the XLR's future values. However, after the prices paid at BJ, it looks like the depreciation may have bottomed out. I didn't buy an XLR as an investment, but because I love its looks and they are fun to drive. But I'm very encouraged by the uptick in prices. You like to think something you love will at least hold its value, and perhaps appreciate a little.

Barrett-Jackson Auction Live Stream

^ > For anyone wanting to 'stream LIVE BLOCK action at B-J' on their monitor

Personally, I click off the sound of the auctioneer's voice, because it gets annoying after awhile... but every vehicle is seen as it is auctioned off to highest bidder.

Lot 1527 a 2007 XLR-V, cleared the B-J docket early this afternoon, bringing a very nice $41.8k for the hammer price including all commissions. Very nice, very well cared-for with 44,000+ miles in Raven Black. Great paint, very good condition. The Sunday auction Lots often have some hidden bargains and prices are usually softer than the big-dollar days of Friday and Saturday. The crowds were the biggest ever this year and the weather helped out too!

For What Its Worth: The overall seller's average adjusted sales price on the 6 XLRs.

1) $13,725 2 XLRs indicating no mileage
2) $29,980 2 XLRs averaged 32,500 miles
3) $49,110 2 XLR Vs averaged 42,750 miles

2 Big Winners for the Week:

#94 2004 XLR $26,100 31K mi
#696.1 2007 XLR V $60,600 41K mi

Condition and Mileage was the key in this auction.

Last edited:
quote by MarkOpolo: "The crowds were the biggest ever this year and the weather helped out too!

Those blue skies, bright sunshine, and 70 degree temps are the norm during January in metro PHX area.............now Mark, you can return to the single-digit tundra of frozen Omaha :rolleyes: :wave: :D

Hope you enjoyed your stay in Scottsdale!!

Last edited:
I missed my pre-auction estimates by a mile! Even after attending 10 prior B-J events, I forgot how excited the bidders can get during this event. By Friday afternoon I was dreading the flight home to single-digit temps and snow!
XLR Scottsdale.jpg
Lot 647 was the ugly dog in the group; dirty, scratched up and a poor presentation. Surprisingly, even Sunday Lot 1527 did well!

The results seemed quite encouraging for XLR owners and I hope the next B-J Auction in Palm Beach FL or even MECUM has some of our cars so we can continue monitoring our values during 2019!

Sliding off topic,,, to the MECUM Houston auto auction,,,,,going on now on NBCSN:

2007 XLR - Lot T105, SOLD for $14,300 :eek: :ugh: :crazy:

Couldn't find the mileage, but in the pictures the car looked nice in appearance.

I’m going to go with Mecum may not be the right audience for these or there must have been something wrong (like high miles?) with it. They have a passion red one they are estimating to go for $25-30k ...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom