Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! XM radio disappeared?

Steve O'

I had trouble changing channels on my xm radio and about a day later I have fm 1 and 2. No xm button. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mind came back but I changed the center rear tail light and I think the antenna wire came loose. Bottom line, bad connection with your antenna will cause the head unit to revert to fm1 and fm2

rly

mine came back to turned the radio on and it was there thanks for the info

Happens sometimes. I just shut the car off, open the door, close the door, start the car up again. Usually fixes it.

xm

I had trouble changing channels on my xm radio and about a day later I have fm 1 and 2. No xm button. Any thoughts?

Hi, did your subscription expire?

Sorry I haven’t been keeping up here on the forum. Re downloaded since the update. I found out that my wires were frayed and my service guy had to Reconnect my wires that were frayed under the seat.

So the wires to your satellite antenna were under your seat?

That’s what my service guy told me. Guess the wires leading to the radio and antenna were located there or that’s where all of the wires connected from. Because when I turned on my xm radio it would play music then the signal would go out for awhile after I hit a bump in the road. But my fm Chanel’s worked fine.

The XM radio module is behind the storage area in between the seats, that is probably were they wires are run from there to the front.

QUESTION: I realize that what I want to know is slightly off topic for this thread, but I didn't know where else to post this. I just recently bought a 2004 Neiman Marcus edition, and the seller gave me the satellite radio antenna which he had never installed. The though of having a hole drilled in the trunk lid freaks me out. So i want to know if it is worth it. Are most of you who use it satisfied with the way the satellite radio works in these cars? And while I am at it, is there any other place to instead the antenna besides the trunk lid? Thanks.

I put an aftermarket antenna that's about 3 inches round on the dash in the center by the windshield. I don't even notice it. The Grill there is metal and the magnet in the antenna holds it tight. Depending on the time of the day or where you are, sometimes I pull it a little forward further toward the front of the dash if it starts cutting in and out.

Great idea! Thanks. I will look for that. The general consensus seems to be that it is a crime to drill a hole in the trunk lid of such a special car.

Seems to me that in 07 and later, GM moved the antenna to the mirror, maybe getting a right hand mirror would be a possible solution?

Wow! That would be terrific. Someone else here told me that the On Star antenna is in the Left-Hand mirror, so this makes sense. Thank you.

Hey

Are we talking about the XM radio antenna or the On-Star antenna? Last thread referenced the On-Star. Thought that the original question was pertaining to the XM satellite radio. If talking about the XM radio antenna, t
hat "someone " would have been me, and NO, the antenna for XM radio, on the '06 to '09 XLR, is located in the outside rear view mirror.

Merry Christmas All !!!!!!

Bill

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry