Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mirror's ....

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
Well - dang if my sideview mirrors haven't quit tipping down when I go into reverse .... now there's a new one for Lola... :willy_nilly:

Look in your manual. I think that is an adjustment in the programing on the dash. I don't know about the x but on my BMW they will only go down it the selector is on the drivers side. If you leave it on the passenger side they wont go down.

Well - dang if my sideview mirrors haven't quit tipping down when I go into reverse .... now there's a new one for Lola... :willy_nilly:
I didn't even know they did that.:willy_nilly:

Cubby doesn't give you enough driving time in the X:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle
This is true. He let me drive home from SA and had a little altercation with another driver. He tried to cut me off. First words out of Cubby's mouth, after I honked at the guy and yelled a few words, pull over I can drive. :)

This is setup in the settings on your dash buttons. I personnally don't use it, but had to change it when I got the V. This can be set for each FOB. Hit the options button should come up DRIVER 1 SETTINGS, then scroll thru and find PARK ASSIST OFF--mirrors don't tilt down. PARK ASSIST ON--mirrors tilt down.

This is setup in the settings on your dash buttons. I personnally don't use it, but had to change it when I got the V. This can be set for each FOB. Hit the options button should come up DRIVER 1 SETTINGS, then scroll thru and find PARK ASSIST OFF--mirrors don't tilt down. PARK ASSIST ON--mirrors tilt down.

:pat::pat: I bet that's IT! I'll check tomorrow ...
Thanks .....

It changed settings by itself???? :dunno:

Floyd (BB)

You know, sometimes it seems these cars think by themselves... maybe Lola decided that her Mom was so good at backing up that the park assist was not needed. Apparently not...:chuckle:chuckle

Okay, you guys ... :lol:
Good Lord, no .... I need every assist I can think of to back up .... I love our warning sytem ... in fact I depend on it ... (want to lend me your car?? :chuckle)

Okay, you guys ... :lol:
Good Lord, no .... I need every assist I can think of to back up .... I love our warning sytem ... in fact I depend on it ... (want to lend me your car?? :chuckle)

Sure, you can borrow my X anytime... just let me make sure the park assist is working correctly.:naughty::chuckle:wave:

Soooo, did somebody else changed the settings?

Yes ... I suspect, since it was on my fob only, that it got changed when I took the car in ... my seat settings were off too .... I just never connected the two. I reset the seats and didn't notice the mirrors until I was curb side parking ... all's good now.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom