Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Map DVD

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
I just checked and my car has the version 3 map DVD in it. It seems to work fairly well except this weekend in the middle of nowhere on the fall drive when it couldn't find a good way to Osgood less than 63 miles. I know they have newer versions out and I wonder if it is worth the money to get the newer one or is there really much difference. Any expert knowledge would be appreciated.

Dave,

Most of the enhancements on the newer versions have to do with points of interest, restaurants, etc. The setup on your system may be set to use major roads--interstates etc.; which my have caused your problem this weekeend. Hope you and Windi had fun with us again. I am going to send you a PM, be on the lookout for it.

I just checked and my car has the version 3 map DVD in it. It seems to work fairly well except this weekend in the middle of nowhere on the fall drive when it couldn't find a good way to Osgood less than 63 miles. I know they have newer versions out and I wonder if it is worth the money to get the newer one or is there really much difference. Any expert knowledge would be appreciated.

That was the problem. It was set for major roads. I never thought of that. I usally keep it set on that. Windi and I had a blast. As much as I like Boating, It's great to visit new places and meet new people. We'll definatlly join you guys more often.

DVD questions

does the navigation DVD run constantly? If so is there a danger of scratching? An entertainment DVD belonging to my grandson got so scratched from constant use in his DVD failed and I would like to insure that the nav disk doesnt.

If so is it possible to burn a protection copy of the navigation DVD?

Thanks JIM

If you have a DVD that is being scrached then there is somenting wrong with the player. Nothing in the player should ever contact the surface of the DVD or CD for that matter.

does the navigation DVD run constantly? If so is there a danger of scratching? An entertainment DVD belonging to my grandson got so scratched from constant use in his DVD failed and I would like to insure that the nav disk doesnt.

If so is it possible to burn a protection copy of the navigation DVD?

Thanks JIM

I took the original DVD and tucked it safely away. I was able to make a copy of it, so the copy rides in the car (though I've never had an issue with it getting cratched from the player). I do occasionally take it out to watch a DVD.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom