Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Shades of Blue

A

Animate

What are the different XLR blue's called? Perhaps we could get a series of beautiful blue XLR's gathered in this thread!

Mine is a 2005, Steel Blue.
Bruce

100_4865.jpg

Nice! Do you know what years steel blue was offered?

This car is listed on Autotrader as a 2008. Is this Bluestream 85U?

... and here's another blue 2008, this one is listed as Elektra Blue Tintcoat in the ad. Perhaps it's just the lighting, but this one looks darker.

I would get the paint codes off these two cars. In my opinion they are the same color. One is pictured outside and the other inside the showroom. I would say the one inside looks a shade darker because the picture was taken inside. Different cameras also take different pictures. If they are both '08's I would say they are both Elektra Blue.

I would get the paint codes off these two cars. .....

That's a good idea. I'll have to check and see if it's part of the VIN. These cars are both X's. A small number of blue V's were made in 07 and 08 I believe.

The paint code is not part of the VIN, some one will tell you where teh paint code is located. Probably the same color, different lighting.
Bruce

Bruce, have you had your car side by side with a Xenon or Elektra blue car? They seem darker than yours.

The paint code is not part of the VIN, some one will tell you where teh paint code is located. Probably the same color, different lighting.
Bruce

The paint code is located on the RPO tag that is located on the underside of the storage compartment lid (in the trunk, passenger side).:)

You are right RA, Jean's is Electra Blue. Electra Blue is the lightest shade, then the Blue Steel, and finally the Xenon Blue the darkest.

Thanks for the color info. This process would be so much easier if I could afford one of each!

J

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back