Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Engine Builder Name Plate on LC3

harrower

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infred red xlr-v
I understand the XLR's LC3 motor was made in Wixom, Mi along with the LS7 Z06 and LS9 ZR1. The builders put their name tag on each motor they build. Did they put tags on the LC3 and if they did, where were they placed?

Dave

Yes, you can find that plaque at the inboard side of the #8 cylinder head closest to the firewall.

Floyd (BB)

I understand the XLR's LC3 motor was made in Wixom, Mi along with the LS7 Z06 and LS9 ZR1. The builders put their name tag on each motor they build. Did they put tags on the LC3 and if they did, where were they placed?

Dave

In August of '08 we got to tour the Wixom Build Center and see them building the LC3 and LS7,very cool. It is a very nice facility,extremely clean. If you take off the engine cover you can see your tag.

The best part (well, maybe one of the interesting points) of the tour was how the techs put blankets (okay, covers, but they were like mini blankets) over any engine that was in-process but not completed when their shift ended to keep any dust or dirt out of it. It was an impressive tour of an immaculate plant!

In August of '08 we got to tour the Wixom Build Center and see them building the LC3 and LS7,very cool. It is a very nice facility,extremely clean. If you take off the engine cover you can see your tag.

I took the engine cover off and still don't see it. I looked back toward the firewall and on the passenger side. Nothing on the valve covers.

Dave

I took the engine cover off and still don't see it. I looked back toward the firewall and on the passenger side. Nothing on the valve covers.

Dave

If memory serves me correct, they did not put them on the '06 XLR-V. I know they are on the '07-'09. I forgot yours was an '06.

If memory serves me correct, they did not put them on the '06 XLR-V. I know they are on the '07-'09. I forgot yours was an '06.

I learn something every day. Thanks Bruce.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom