Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2013 XLR Bowling Green Plant Homecoming - Sept 28th, 2013

Amy and I made it home safe and sound yesterday afternoon. :) Both of us had a great time hanging out with everyone and it was great to see friends from the PA trip and making new friends from the BG trip. It was a pleasure meeting Al, Judy, Dan and Wendy in Huntington so we could caravan into BG together.

A BIG THANKS to all persons that made this happen!!!! Bruce, Kathy, Cubby, Bob W, Phrede and Dave Chrisley to mention a few.

To everyone, thanks for a great time. :wave:

Mike, it was great seeing you & Amy again. Thanks so much for bringing both of your beautiful XLRs. I thought Kathy got some wonderful pictures of the 2 of them on Friday. :wave:

AWESOME WEEKEND!!!

WOW, where do I start... Thanks so much to all you guys for making the event such a HUGE success. You all are a great group of people! It's because of you guys that there was over $18,000 raised on Saturday!!!! I always enjoy seeing a group of XLRs together, & seeing over 30 of them on the road together was a very special sight. It was so nice to have so many new members @ this event, & I think they fit in very well. 2 of our new members placed 3rd & 1st @ the show on Saturday! There were quite a few of our female owners there as well with their XLRs...very cool! Dave Chrisley & the BGACC were wonderful hosts all weekend! I think all of us felt special to be among the first to tour the plant & see the C7s being built...THANKS DAVE. Your friendships mean a lot to Kathy (Photo Girl) & myself...YOU'RE THE BEST!
Hope you guys had fun...see you soon:wave:

Winners, no losers

1st place XLR class; George Lippa!

2nd place XLR class; Bob & Gayle Walker!

3rd place XLR class; Nils & Elise Olausen!

Top 30 for both the XLR-V & ZR-1; Todd & Karen Whittler!

Bob Leonard also got top 30 award for his XLR-V!

Patrickv2221 was the long distance award winner for the event!

Club participation award went to the AWESOME XLR GROUP!!!!

Awards

The XLR class awards were made by Diane @ CarArtwork. If you'd like to contact her you can reach her @ deverse@carartwork.biz. Congrats again to the 3 XLR owners. (If Harrisburg Hat would have worked a little harder on Bob W's XLR, Bob would have gotten 1st place).:laugh::laugh::laugh:

$20k total contribution / the picture is home!

Made the trip today to get the big picture. Dave Chrisley met me and helped load. He shared with me that the total going to the charities was $20,000! Thanks everyone for your support!

1234289_687079967970853_1923192368_n.jpg

Phrede, glad you picked up your painting, it's very cool. Looks like one of your puppies helped with the move. $20,0000....WOW!!!!

Feeling Privileged to Have Attended!!!

:wave::wave:Wow! We had an incredible time seeing so many gorgeous XLRs and being so generously accepted by you all! Your passion was contagious we had a stellar experience. Our sincere thanks for all the obvious work that was put into this event. :love:

:wave::wave:Wow! We had an incredible time seeing so many gorgeous XLRs and being so generously accepted by you all! Your passion was contagious we had a stellar experience. Our sincere thanks for all the obvious work that was put into this event. :love:

It sure was nice to meet you both. You guys fit in really well. I hope we see you @ some future events.:wave:

Yes, Thanks to Bruce, Kathy, Cuby, Phrede, Graytoad and all others who contributed to all things for this great event. Much appreciated.

Cool postcard find"

Our "goody bag" from the BGACC show included this post card. On the back it has the Corvette, Cadillac, & UAW symbols & talks about the Corvette & XLR "coming to life" at the plant. I noticed it because I saw it was the BG plant on the front & then saw the Cadillac crest on the back and thought "why is that on there?" Wonder where they dug these up from? VERY COOL!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 283
Everyone I met at the show and the BGACC as a whole made me, for one, feel very welcome. None of the "sour grapes" attitudes that usually happens around a bunch of 'vettes, from just a few. Everyone seemed to have mutual respect. I had a great time and appreciate the efforts of everyone. The charities made out, the biggest thing from the weekend.

I think back to early spring when there were discussions about where and when to celebrate the 10 year anniversary. Every now and then when you put on those 20/20 hindsight glasses you realize the right choice was made. This is one of those times. Everyone deserves some kudos!

Personally, it was a great weekend. I didn't even mind much having to put the top up on the ride home due to the rain. ;) I was able to contribute $300 from the shirt sales to the charities (due to unexpected quantity discounting), saw some old friends and made some new ones, saw and learned some new things (who else was surprised by the red passion color), and got a lead on what looks like a great body/paint guy local to me from one of the Corvette people that turned out to be from close to me. Oh, and I can't forget the painting!

Only the Saturday dinner could be considered a down side, and it wasn't that bad.

What was the "official" attendance count?

I hope everyone had as good a time as I did :wave::wave:

Funny, when Nils saw your post it occured to him that we may have brought back the same postcard from Bowling Green in 2005. He went and got it out of his dresser drawer to compare and yep, exactly the same!

Funny, when Nils saw your post it occured to him that we may have brought back the same postcard from Bowling Green in 2005. He went and got it out of his dresser drawer to compare and yep, exactly the same!

That's neat to know the year at least, AND that he kept it (and knew where to find it)! :wave:

2013 homecoming

I had the best time!!! everyone and everything was perfect!!! can't wait for the next event. Thanks again to everyone. Al :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom