Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

THE END

MI XLR V

My XLR/V(s)
2009 BLACK XLR V SUPERCHARGER
JUST GOT THE WORD FROM GOOD GM SOURCE !

2009 THE END OF XLR AND XLR V

And this came from who at GM?. Like Ruthie I'm not surpised but a statement like this needs to be qualified with a source.

I received an email from a dealer in Denver telling me there will be no more XLR or XLR V produced. I also received my premium notice on the XLR today and the rates went up due to the number of accidents the XLR's have been in. Funny I have only heard of two nation wide and they were a couple of years ago. First Robin

I heard the same thing a couple months ago. A reliable source made the comment on one of the Corvette forums. Sorry, can't give any details about the source, but I will say this person has been right about GM insider information in the past. He did not mention "when", but said that the XLR was/is officially dead.

It's not surprising, GM has done a poor job of marketing the XLR. Since buying mine I have had a considerable number of people tell me that they never heard of the XLR before and did not know that Cadillac even made a roadster. Couple that with the overpriced sticker price and it's easy to understand why the XLR is getting axed.

There is just not enough crazy buyers like myself that buy one new and eat the significant depreciation. The good news is that once/if this news is officially announced the price of used XLR's and XLR-V's are going to rise. Only time will tell how much, but I think it's safe to assume that XLR's are going to be sought after collectors.

If you are in the market for a XLR, now is the time to buy...

Hey Robin, what premium? Do you mean your insurance premium? Mine went down because of a ticket that expired on my DMV but I'm at about$1,200 a year with AAA.
How can they rate a car because of accidents? I probably helped on the accidents, I had two in 2 years, trying to do donuts on the freeway.:laugh:
I received an email from a dealer in Denver telling me there will be no more XLR or XLR V produced. I also received my premium notice on the XLR today and the rates went up due to the number of accidents the XLR's have been in. Funny I have only heard of two nation wide and they were a couple of years ago. First Robin

Hey Robin, what premium? Do you mean your insurance premium? Mine went down because of a ticket that expired on my DMV but I'm at about$1,200 a year with AAA.
How can they rate a car because of accidents? I probably helped on the accidents, I had two in 2 years, trying to do donuts on the freeway.:laugh:

:jaw: WOW! I pay about $450 a year! Ouch!

Well, you have to know that you are quoted on lots of things ... your zip code ..... Hollywood has a lot more accidents than xyz, KS .... Your age ... the safest and lowest insurance for males is their 30's - 40's and 50's ... actually until you are about 60 or so, then you get dinged because you are older and there are a lot of accidents in that age group .... (yes, there is) .... then, of course, your car is rated ... your anti-lock system is rated, your previous years of driving experience counts .... whether it is your DD or a rec vehicle (less than 4 or 5,000 mi/yr) and on and on .... :rolleyes:

It's not surprising, GM has done a poor job of marketing the XLR. Since buying mine I have had a considerable number of people tell me that they never heard of the XLR before and did not know that Cadillac even made a roadster. Couple that with the overpriced sticker price and it's easy to understand why the XLR is getting axed.

Very true, I have people ask about mine also. In fact when we were leaving BBB III this year a woman stopped me, complimented our little group of cars and asked if it was a new car, and what was it. She had about the same reaction, "I didn't realize Cadillac made a two seat convertible, it's beautiful."
Bruce

Kathy spoke with a friend of ours in BG today, and he said that the plant and holding lots are completely empty of cars(XLR and Corvette). Normally during any shut down there will still be cars on the lines waiting to be assembled and cars in the holding lots waiting to be shipped. He said it was very spooking seeing the place so empty. He also said that the shut down may last into March.

Bruce :)

Absolutely correct and as long as you buy your ticket before you leave home, you have a chance to go back home...!

Unless you run like Forest Gump, it's a long walk to anywhere else in the country.. :lol::lol::lol:

SilverX

And airfare - a flight from Cleveland to LV is running about $150 these days. My how prices have fallen! Of course, the airfare is the cheapest part of that trip.... :lol:

He don't know much but he does know shrimp.
Absolutely correct and as long as you buy your ticket before you leave home, you have a chance to go back home...!

Unless you run like Forest Gump, it's a long walk to anywhere else in the country.. :lol::lol::lol:

SilverX

Even the cars on the line? Do they finish all the work "in progress" before shutdown?

I would like to think they would have finished all the cars on the line before leaving. However, seeing that they are union employees I'm sure they clocked out at their normal hour. Consequently, unless they have extremely good timing there are probably partially built cars on the lines.

Some folks in BG are still working. I suspect non-union administrative types. I got a phone call from the plant today asking how I was enjoying my new XLR-V.

Anybody know where I can find the XLR & XLR-V production numbers? I would be interested in seeing the numbers broken down by each year of the XLR and XLR-V.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom