Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Wow today couldn’t be better (weather wise) low humidity and 83. Top down went for a 35 mile (one way) drive. Had a gift card for $50, since I bought 2 Tommy shirts the other day. So I saw some cookies and also found out that they will be opening up a Tommy Bahama restaurant in nov. so after I left the store I saw a add on tv the other day for chick fil a limited time frosted key lime shake/smoothie. So here is the play by play song wise (in pictures)
b352b09ef5f459ba99e8d67edfa72fdf.jpg
c4624f47b3689e03850fb5171a4bc46d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
681168a62e71c65a0b9f86ab6aa7b63b.jpg

The best weather day all year + two fresh coats of Zaino = fall in love all over again. :)

Attachments

• F3A5F46E-2609-4269-9915-5C674FED0752.jpg
    F3A5F46E-2609-4269-9915-5C674FED0752.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 301
Today I had a mobile service come to my home and install that X-Pel product on my headlights and fog lights. Apparently it has better UV protection than the 3 M and will not discolor. I want to replace my right headlight as it can slightly fog up on a humid day. I think the X-Pel product will seal it. The left headlight is perfect and hopefully this product will keep it that way.
John F.

The island was playing on the tv. So I was trying to watch the movie. Saw the Cadillac Cien get destroyed [emoji22]
8a1d7d1c4dd1e898544e68eec62988a1.jpg
e0d890b579105857d289e8a4fb81d28f.jpg
4a3027ed5cfef8d3053841e768bcc265.jpg
7de9cc1b84ce60cca0b47643c95827f0.jpg

I just got a alert on credit carma that my Cadillac xlr value has changed. Is this for real.
2a46721a41725f6a85bfabd5a190d395.jpg
by the time it reaches 2025 it will be worthless according to credit cards. Lol. How is this when the dealer ships and others have been begging me to sell her. Or has the priced dropped by 9 k

I just got a alert on credit carma that my Cadillac xlr value has changed. Is this for real. by the time it reaches 2025 it will be worthless according to credit cards. Lol. How is this when the dealer ships and others have been begging me to sell her. Or has the priced dropped by 9 k

I wouldn't worry about that, Just drive it and enjoy it! If you want to 'Invest' in something I suggest real estate!

maybe they heard about one of the major You tube review guys that is doing a feature called " the most expensive and worst Caddy ever made" that will certainly not inprove the values

I wouldn't worry about that, Just drive it and enjoy it! If you want to 'Invest' in something I suggest real estate!

Yep I sure am enjoying it to this day. Was out driving around yesterday before the heat and humidity was to bearable.
f06b160d3eabf7a4bee6c2f0e9e968f6.jpg

Luckily these cars have cooling seats. Love that feature

I would bet Credit Karma doesn’t know jack about XLR’s. It’s whatever it’s worth to you & whatever someone else would pay.

My 06 XLR has been an absolute treat. I have never had a major issue. If I had read up on the car before buying it I probably would have passed, mainly because parts are becoming unavailable. If our cars are dropping in value one of the reasons is that parts are a major problem. I also own a Chevy SSR and this is also a vehicle with potential problems. However there is group of owners that share their expertise and help other owners when they have problem , a big example being the roof. There are also a couple of owners manufacturing replacement parts and new parts to make the trucks run better. They are always have workshops around the country doing repairs and teaching owners how to do stuff.This is what I think we need on the XLR site. I know there are extremely sharp individuals on this site that know these cars but I do think for the most part you are on your own if you run into a major problem. I wouldn't guess how many cars I have owned over the years but my XLR's are my favorite by far. I am sure most will agree that Cadillac is never going to do anything and so we need to take care of ourselves. To sell one of these cars because you don't think you can get parts is a real shame.
Sorry for rambling.
John F.

My 06 XLR has been an absolute treat. I have never had a major issue. If I had read up on the car before buying it I probably would have passed, mainly because parts are becoming unavailable. If our cars are dropping in value one of the reasons is that parts are a major problem. I also own a Chevy SSR and this is also a vehicle with potential problems. However there is group of owners that share their expertise and help other owners when they have problem , a big example being the roof. There are also a couple of owners manufacturing replacement parts and new parts to make the trucks run better. They are always have workshops around the country doing repairs and teaching owners how to do stuff.This is what I think we need on the XLR site. I know there are extremely sharp individuals on this site that know these cars but I do think for the most part you are on your own if you run into a major problem. I wouldn't guess how many cars I have owned over the years but my XLR's are my favorite by far. I am sure most will agree that Cadillac is never going to do anything and so we need to take care of ourselves. To sell one of these cars because you don't think you can get parts is a real shame.
Sorry for rambling.
John F.

Well said John. You bet these are awesome cars and hard to get parts - but if a car is well taken care of, problems are minimal. I have owned mine for 8 of it's 10+ years and intend to own it until I cant fit my big a$$ in an out of it any more or they pull my license for being to old and feeble.

Ok this is the second time that I’ve had this problem show up on my display. First was the low coolant level display everytime I started it up. I’ve taken her in to my dealership because the last time it was a hole in the hose. Now the display is showing fasten seat belt. So today took her in and the service manager brought over my tech guy. So he looked up on the part and said it’ll be about $510 including shop fee and parts. They said it’s probably a relay sensor in the belt housing. They would need to take seat out and go from there. So this will be a big bill for me because since I’m 1 k close to my oil change. I might just have them do that plus the oil change. Since she’ll be in the shop already.

Ok this is the second time that I’ve had this problem show up on my display. First was the low coolant level display everytime I started it up. I’ve taken her in to my dealership because the last time it was a hole in the hose. Now the display is showing fasten seat belt. So today took her in and the service manager brought over my tech guy. So he looked up on the part and said it’ll be about $510 including shop fee and parts. They said it’s probably a relay sensor in the belt housing. They would need to take seat out and go from there. So this will be a big bill for me because since I’m 1 k close to my oil change. I might just have them do that plus the oil change. Since she’ll be in the shop already.

Maybe if it’s not hurting anything just wait it out to repair the seat belt until the oil change catch’s up [emoji362]

There is a connector under the drivers seat the pulls apart with seat movement. Make sure it is fully connected. You should be able to move the seat to the rear and access the harness. Push together. I put a zip tie around it to secure connection. Worked for my V and Corvette.

Are those plastic wires supposed to be that tight when the seat moves

Those silver grey ones
5e0b2af6174725beb2172c5c1b9caa23.jpg
2827f70c16f54cc48e6295d92be40a54.jpg

Last edited:
Through facebooks xlr net site the allante /xlr club will be going to Howey-in-the-Hills area. I just looked at the map and it’s on the northwest side of Orlando and around the winter garden/mount Dora/de land area. I’m thinking of attending. But not really sure. It’s oct 24-28th. It’s just a little over 2 hrs south of where I live. Just throwing this out for the other xlr owners that live near or in the central or southwestern part of Florida. Has anyone attended one of these allante xlr events here in Florida.
d311f0e2d12e9a48d9cae459e0a912f8.jpg
fd6d30bd65385ce2b6bb64ffa2177172.jpg
50a188d1409db4e8ffa97bbd75e8c0a3.jpg

Just made my reservation for this event
fe05f9e35713ca5688534bfae9c3c668.jpg
69f57d6618fb2b4250f6a10a1ecb30fe.jpg

I still need to fil out and mail my car registration though.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back