Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Tires

standby-V

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V
I want to put the new Eagle F1 GS D3 on the rear for the trip but not sure if they will fit.
I have 255/35ZR20's on there now and the only two that come close too that in Goodyear is:
305/35ZR20's & 275/35ZR20's
I know these will fit on my 20" rims, but what about the clearance?:blinzel:
Thanks for any help.

I dont know but I sure would like to see a picture with the 20's. I've been thinking about going that route. Did it ruin the ride with the bigger wheels?

Ride is still great, but the 20's are not run flats so I ride with no spare. Michelin now has 20's in run flats but are about $800 a piece,.
Here is a few pics. Really makes the car look a lot different and draws so much attention.
06-VwithFooserimsandCaddycentercaps.jpg

06-VwithFooserimscaddycentercap.jpg

I dont know but I sure would like to see a picture with the 20's. I've been thinking about going that route. Did it ruin the ride with the bigger wheels?

Ride is still great, but the 20's are not run flats so I ride with no spare. Michelin now has 20's in run flats but are about $800 a piece,.
Here is a few pics. Really makes the car look a lot different and draws so much attention.
06-VwithFooserimsandCaddycentercaps.jpg

06-VwithFooserimscaddycentercap.jpg
Bob, I`m sure 275`s tires will fit your V. My STS V got 255`s on front and 275`s on rear.

Hans

Hans,
I just ordered two 275x35ZR20's Dunlops with the same compound as my old Dunlops and I should be nice and sticky at the lights again. Hope they fit. My old Dunlops still have tread but the rears are hard and I need someone to gets some of that stuff they use at the dragstrip so I can do a few burn outs first.
Goodyear stopped making the V tread F1 in that size, boy was I pi^^ed.:bash:
Bob, I`m sure 275`s tires will fit your V. My STS V got 255`s on front and 275`s on rear.

Hans

Hans,
I just ordered two 275x35ZR20's Dunlops with the same compound as my old Dunlops and I should be nice and sticky at the lights again. Hope they fit. My old Dunlops still have tread but the rears are hard and I need someone to gets some of that stuff they use at the dragstrip so I can do a few burn outs first.
Goodyear stopped making the V tread F1 in that size, boy was I pi^^ed.:bash:
Bob.
I know if my friend want`s something for Ichi he just goes and get it:lol:

I`m sure they`ll fit and with 275`s on back your V looks fantastic. We need to go sometimes again to the Las Vegas strip and race some Ferrari`s there:laugh:

Hans

Where did u get the cadillac emblem for the center of your foose wheels. I have been looking for them. Thanks. Car looks good.

At my dealers. I got good people. It's the flat discs that where hard to find but they found them somewhere and put the emblems on and fit my foose rims like a glove. ($100 for all) I thought that was reasonable since they are chrome metal emblems. She's coming with new wider shoes on the rear..................BIG footprint
See ya soon you guys, can't wait.:patriot:
Where is :bar00:

Where did u get the cadillac emblem for the center of your foose wheels. I have been looking for them. Thanks. Car looks good.

Hans,
As always you always have the right information. I bought two shoes for the rear so I could keep up with everyone else instead of sliding all over the place when I punch it.
I installed Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 275/35ZR20's. took it out and blasted it and nothing hit anywhere and great grip, no spinning and tires where cold. Nice foot print, looks great.
Thanks

Drop dead georgous. Chip does a great job. That will be the next toy for trixie, after a V grill. that will be coming soon.

Just keep in mind that Michelin is the only good tire company that makes a 20" run flat. 275's will fit the rear, but think you need to stay with 255 or less up front. I get more compliments on the wheels then the car gets noticed.:rocker:

I bought new tires for the stock 18's when I bought the car. I went with regular tires instead of run flats. I like the ride of the regular tires better. I believe if you keep good tires on a car you shouldn't have a flat. I hope I dont have to eat my words someday. It has worked so far, I have never had a flat. Dave

Barbie Car has new shoes

Cadillac Tech is working on The Barbie Car - making sure she's ready for the trip to RIV. New tires, and whatever else she wants. Yup - came all the way to Indiana to have her treated right! THANKS BRUCE! :worship:

I bought the car a couple weeks before RIII - it had 3000 miles on it. Now it has over 13,000 or more, I don't even remember. And it was parked for 6 months! It's all the MM trips - and each one well worth the tire tread :lol:

See you guys soon!
~Quinn

Quinn, you are over 16,000 miles. Thanks for joining in on all of our get togethers...we have enjoyed having you with us. :)

Bruce :wave:

Ready to travel!!

Scarlett-V has new rubber on all corners for the RIV trip to go along with the new OEM chrome rims. Also put on new rotors and pads last month to stop this beauty.:cool::cool:

Scarlett-V has new rubber on all corners for the RIV trip to go along with the new OEM chrome rims. Also put on new rotors and pads last month to stop this beauty.:cool::cool:

Just curious, why does it seem most everyone replaces the rotors when replacing brakes? I've never had to replace them on any of my five Vettes or any other car. :squint:

Floyd (BB)

Hans,
As always you always have the right information. I bought two shoes for the rear so I could keep up with everyone else instead of sliding all over the place when I punch it.
I installed Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 275/35ZR20's. took it out and blasted it and nothing hit anywhere and great grip, no spinning and tires where cold. Nice foot print, looks great.
Thanks
Bob,
thank you, I`m glad they fit. For front tires you are right, 255`s are OK but not bigger!
Sure, the foot print of your V must look great, do the new tires hold the air or do you need a finger burning special mechanic:laugh:

Hasta la Veeeeee

Hans

Air is OK, but I will make a Dallas run to get my nav/mech in a flash, just call.
Bob,
thank you, I`m glad they fit. For front tires you are right, 255`s are OK but not bigger!
Sure, the foot print of your V must look great, do the new tires hold the air or do you need a finger burning special mechanic:laugh:

Hasta la Veeeeee

Hans

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry