Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2005 (ACC) Cruise Control

Agitated Monkey

My 2005 (ACC) Cruise Control is not working. I get a service radar message after turning the cruise on and engaging. Not sure if I want to fix the ACC or convert it to standard cruise control. Can it be converted? It’s my understanding that XLRV’s and Corvettes have standard cruise. Is this correct? Recommendations welcome. What can be done?

This might be do-able with one caveat . . .

The way to approach this challenge is to access a 2006 or later XLR-V Service Manual and research how the standard (manual) cruise control interface operates and differs compared to the DSCC in your car, with particular attention to the electrical schematic connections and pinout diagrams from the modules involved; especially the ECM. Then compare parts lists, to determine which part numbers are different and order the parts for installation.

Here's the caveat: The biggest issue I foresee is if the ECM programming for the cruise control is the main module affected, (and it probably is) it's designed to control a different engine (supercharged N*). You might need to look at other N* ECMs and have one reprogrammed by a tuner to match your original ECM if the V-series ECM can't be changed.

In your car, the DSCC module is self-contained and communicates directly with the ECM. The operator-controlled switches (Gap Switch Adjustment & Steering column Turn Signal/Multi-function switch) communicate with the BCM which also shares data with the ECM.

Since service manuals are pricey, you can spend $10 for a one-day pass and download the info here: RepairProcedures.com - Providing electronic service information for 1995 to current GM vehicles

CC :wave:

This might be do-able with one caveat . . .

The way to approach this challenge is to access a 2006 or later XLR-V Service Manual and research how the standard (manual) cruise control interface operates and differs compared to the DSCC in your car, with particular attention to the electrical schematic connections and pinout diagrams from the modules involved; especially the ECM. Then compare parts lists, to determine which part numbers are different and order the parts for installation.

Here's the caveat: The biggest issue I foresee is if the ECM programming for the cruise control is the main module affected, (and it probably is) it's designed to control a different engine (supercharged N*). You might need to look at other N* ECMs and have one reprogrammed by a tuner to match your original ECM if the V-series ECM can't be changed.

In your car, the DSCC module is self-contained and communicates directly with the ECM. The operator-controlled switches (Gap Switch Adjustment & Steering column Turn Signal/Multi-function switch) communicate with the BCM which also shares data with the ECM.

Since service manuals are pricey, you can spend $10 for a one-day pass and download the info here: RepairProcedures.com - Providing electronic service information for 1995 to current GM vehicles

Thank you for the reply. I will look into the manuals. Sounds complicated but once into the schematics it should be very forward.

I'd look for loose wires first.
If you're the get under the car kinda guy.
It's free.

:cool:

Do be aware (if you plan on replacing the DSCC module yourself) that there's a special Kent-Moore tool to mechanically align the module when it's replaced.

I have the tool

I did mine by this post number 7 and it worked fine. I found out that among the tools I bought I have the above Kent tool but it still needs to be aligned I think with the scan tool. If anyone needs to borrow it just let me know

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom