Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Video: 2005 Chrsyler Crossfire Roadster Limited hit by bus.

XFireXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist Met. XLR
Here is a video of one of the members of my Crossfire forum car being hit by a bus. This is unreal and a testament to the build quality of the Chrysler Crossfire, thankfully he walked away from this accident unhurt. :cool:

Video of Car being ranover by bus - YouTube

Yikes!

Definitely a frightening experience!

It is my understanding that the Crossfire is pretty much a Mercedes SL under the skin?

It's a shame that they didn't sell better. Perhaps they just couldn't convince buyers to purchase a "Mercedes in Chrysler clothing"? I see them on the road occasionally, and every once in a while, one for sale in front of a private residence.

Must be pretty well built!

How would you compare and contrast your Crossfire and your XLR?

Whew - I was afraid from the title that your Crossfire got hit by a bus. Glad your Crossfire is ok, sorry that your XLR isn't (from your other thread).

Definitely a frightening experience!

It is my understanding that the Crossfire is pretty much a Mercedes SL under the skin?

It's a shame that they didn't sell better. Perhaps they just couldn't convince buyers to purchase a "Mercedes in Chrysler clothing"? I see them on the road occasionally, and every once in a while, one for sale in front of a private residence.

Must be pretty well built!

How would you compare and contrast your Crossfire and your XLR?

The Chrysler Crossfire is 90% MB DNA and parts, with a body design by Chrysler and built in Germany. The Base Crossfire, Crossfire Limited are basically are MB SLK230's (215HP) and the SRT6 is an MB SLK350 AMG with a 330HP supercharged hand built AMG engine. We fondly consider the car the "bastard/love child" of the Chrysler Mercedes merger. Chyrsler did not do any marketing for this car, similiar to what GM/Cadillac did for our XLR's. There are quite a few Crossfire's that have been successfully converted to SL55 AMG's, pushing over 500rwhp. We have a great international community, last year at the Dragon we had about 150 members from across the country and a few from Europe attend.

The build quality on both the XLR and the Crossfire are exceptional and equal in my opinion. They are two totally different animals, the XLR is luxury performance with exceptional styling and the Crossfire is a sporty and extremely comfortable sports car that you can toss around in the twisty bits with confidence. The Chrysler design is totally out of left field and you either love it or hate it.
:cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back