Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2006 XLR Hardtop going up and down very slowly

NYCDGS

Hi guys, I need help, out of a job and I had the updated computer from the dealership last year done. But now my hardtop is going u p and down very, very slowly, is there any diagrams or anything I can do to fix it? Thanks for any help.

Hi Matt,

Yes from what I can see it's a tiny bit below the min would that really make the difference it seems the line between min and maximum is not very much? The compartment is dry and no debris.

my Dad had a problem with his 2008 water was getting into it and that's how he needed a whole new computer, but mine is dry.

I know money's tight, but if you don't have any luck yourself, David Taylor on SW Fwy treated my right the couple of times I took my XLR in

Thank you, I used to bring my car there all the time as a fact I bought 4 cars from that dealership, then they moved, did major over haul of people and I did not like my service, so now I go to Sewell, but my warranty is out so time will tell I will buy the oil first and see what happens, thank you.

Thank you, I used to bring my car there all the time as a fact I bought 4 cars from that dealership, then they moved, did major over haul of people and I did not like my service, so now I go to Sewell, but my warranty is out so time will tell I will buy the oil first and see what happens, thank you.

Yep, bought a 1985 Coupe deVille new off the lot there. At the old location of course. I knew that it was bought out by a group that owns several other dealerships after Mr Taylor died. But like I say, they did me ok, YMMV anywhere

How "slow" is slow?

They take 30 seconds normally for an up or down cycle.

I know, but you can hear it going very slow and it is moving slower than it used to. I've had this one for 3 years exactly so I don't know what the previous owner had done to the car, so I'm guessing not much since I've had to update the computer system and other things, going to get the oil for it and then see how it works will let everyone know.

Thank you all for your help it is greatly appreciated.

There are 2 helper struts on the lowest mechanism you might want to see if they are leaking. Maybe one's gone bad.

My guess is that wouldn't slow down the stow though, just the going up.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom