Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

40 years later

Knowing you, you probably needed it just for good measure!!:laugh::laugh:

Glad we have you around!!!:)

That's true, I'm sure I had gotten away with a bunch of things in the past. It was cool to see my mom set her straight.

I didn't enjoy reading the first post describing the accident, but being that you faired well I did enjoy reading all the follow-ups! :lol:

That certainly was a terrible couple of days for your family!!!! Glad of no lasting injuries.

My dad & I were just talking about the accident, & to be honest, to come away alive with very few injuries, is nothing short of a miracle. There were so many things that could of changed the outcome. If it wasn't for the truck being there for her to run into, she would have gone into the creek that was @ the end of the street, & that wouldn't have ended well. Luckily I was young & could take a hit...lol. Not being able to move my head while I was under the car (because of being under the front crossmember), probably scared me the most @ the time. My mom had picked up my school books off of street, waiting to hear from me, she said she couldn't look under the car. She gave me one of my folders to put under my head while I waited, & tried to keep me calm, it sure seemed like a long, cold wait. I think every kid in the school came out to see what had happened. They tried to get them all back inside the school, but it didn't work too well. I remember some of the kids lying on the ground, on the other side of the fence, trying to get a look under the car. It was quite a day!

Thanks for allowing me to share it with all of you.

Last edited:
40 years ago this week, when I was in 5th grade, I was ran over by a car & drug down the street next to Stony Creek Elementary school in Noblesville, IN. I still think my older brother paid the lady to take me out...LOL. If it wasn't for the hood on my winter coat getting caught on the front cross member, I think she would have finished the job.
To make matters worse, my mom was hit head-on by a truck the next morning on her way to the hospital to check on me. It was a rough 2 days for my dad for sure. Very lucky to be alive!!!
[/QU

I can't imagine life without you.....you are the best son in law anyone would want....love you

We certainly enjoyed meeting and spending time with Photo Mom while we were in Bowling Green!

Amy and I enjoyed having lunch with Photo Mom, Photo Girl and Bruce at the car show in BG. It's such a pleasure hanging out with all of you.

I often think if it weren't for the XLRs, we would have missed out meeting a lot of great people. :wave:

It was lifetime memory and such a great time meeting everyone and putting faces to names! GOOD TIMES WITH XLR's & FRIENDS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry