Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

A Positive Outcome on DRL's

racingintherain

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl XLR (aka Susan)
So, after much reading on the the crystallization problem wiht the DRL lenses (mine seemed quite severe), I decided to make an official inquiry.

1) A quick PM to CadillacCustomerService on this board got me a phone call from a Cadillac Service Rep the following day. He was a "wee bit" combative about the problem actually exisitng ("the internet is full of misinformation") but was generally polite and did give me a case number and asked me to have an "official" inspection of the lights at my local dealer. So no complaints with that interface.
2) Dropped off the car at my dealer and within 6 hours was informed that replacement of both headlamp assemblies would be done at no charge.
3) One day's wait for parts and I have "Susan" back with her headlights as they should be.
4) Bought a new battery as well since the existing one had already exceeded what I would consider it's "safe" lifespan.
So - Bravo to Cadillac Service and to my dealership. I couldn't me more pleased and impressed with the professionalism.

Recap of repairs since I bought the car in May 2010 with a little over 12,000 miles on the odometer:

1) Reprogram of top (failed again shortly thereafter)
2) Replacement of top position sensor and trunk switch
3) Fixed wires rubbing inside steering column
4) Replaced diff fluid to eliminate grinding noise
5) Replaced leaking radiator
6) Replaced both headlamp assemblies
When the problems were noticed, I was able to find reference to every one of these items on this board before seeking service. What a resource.

Thanks also to Cadillac Tech for the service and build history reports. What a great group of folks.

Racingintherain

It's good to hear that your problems have been resolved promptly and to your satisfaction. Enjoy!

racintherain -

I have the same problems as you have...could you be more specific who you PM'd...CadillacCustomerService...??

I'll try it as well...

Thanks,

Carter

racingintherain,

Glad to hear everything worked out for you!

Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

So, after much reading on the the crystallization problem wiht the DRL lenses (mine seemed quite severe), I decided to make an official inquiry.
1) A quick PM to CadillacCustomerService on this board got me a phone call from a Cadillac Service Rep the following day. He was a "wee bit" combative about the problem actually exisitng ("the internet is full of misinformation") but was generally polite and did give me a case number and asked me to have an "official" inspection of the lights at my local dealer. So no complaints with that interface.
2) Dropped off the car at my dealer and within 6 hours was informed that replacement of both headlamp assemblies would be done at no charge.
3) One day's wait for parts and I have "Susan" back with her headlights as they should be.
4) Bought a new battery as well since the existing one had already exceeded what I would consider it's "safe" lifespan.
So - Bravo to Cadillac Service and to my dealership. I couldn't me more pleased and impressed with the professionalism.

Recap of repairs since I bought the car in May 2010 with a little over 12,000 miles on the odometer:
1) Reprogram of top (failed again shortly thereafter)
2) Replacement of top position sensor and trunk switch
3) Fixed wires rubbing inside steering column
4) Replaced diff fluid to eliminate grinding noise
5) Replaced leaking radiator
6) Replaced both headlamp assemblies
When the problems were noticed, I was able to find reference to every one of these items on this board before seeking service. What a resource.

Thanks also to Cadillac Tech for the service and build history reports. What a great group of folks.

Racingintherain

Wow, great outcome. I had to make sure this was even a current thread. My similar claim was denied, glad you had much better luck. Neat to see Caron from Cadillac service here too. Welcome Caron.
Bruce

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back