Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

AC Compressor

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
Has anyone had to replace their AC compressor?

Had a strange noise that would occur upon startup for a couple of seconds... then would revert to normal idle. Dealer diagnosed it as a faulty air compressor. They found the part and are into their 2nd day of work (they have an XLR Tech). Hoping to get the car back Thursday for a scheduled weekend trip.

I know everything is tight in our engine compartments. He said the warranty allowed 6.9 labor hours, but that it would prolly take 9.0 hours. I can't be certain my vehicle has been Priority One for the tech since it's arrival, but there are not many XLR's in these parts to entertain him.

Just wondering if anyone has had an issue with their AC? I have an '06 V and have been very fortunate mechanically. Slighty over 69,000 miles now. Thanks!

Jeff (jjsea55)

I had the compressor in my '07 V replaced under extended warranty 3 years ago at around 37 thousand mi. No indication of trouble until driving one day when the compressor suddenly started making a (very) loud screech. As I recall, the noise stopped when the climate control was turned to "Off", but would restart each time it was turned back on. I can't recall any particular problems connected with the repair/replacement process and the problem has not repeated since, although I only add about 700 mi. annually. Hope this helps.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom