Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! AC Vents

daddyCaddy

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black XLR
I have a 2004 XLR. When I turn on the AC, there is some kind of dry rout insulation coming out of the AC vents. Also when you try to remove it from your clothes or anywhere in the car, it's turns to clay and leaves a stain. Where is it coming from? Could it be replaced? And what should I ask for when I want to replace it?

Thanks for your help,

daddy Caddy

Moving this from the Site Help and Feedback forum and into the XLR Tech forum...

daddy Caddy,
Just do a search using "vent", within this forum and you'll find everything you're looking for about that vent crap....I had it too, along with others on here.
ras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total breakdown of the foam insulation used between joints of the a/c ductwork. It'll finally go away if you leave it alone, but don't try to wipe it up off the carpet, upholstery, or you as it will streaks that are hard to remove.

I knew that old thread was buried here somewhere: https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...n/8001-black-foam-from-ac.html?highlight=vent

This is very easy (and cheap!) to take care of.

If you decide to ignore it, be aware it seals the gap between the center stack vents and the delivery ducts they align with when the center stack faceplate is installed. Any gaps reduce the efficiency of the heating and cooling system for cabin air delivery –especially if you have the vent louvers aligned so they point towards you or a passenger.

CC :wave:

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry