Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Any chance someone knows where to get a top control module?

hows220

I am getting the feeling GM is not going to produce/sell this part anymore.

Convertible Top Control Module

P/N 10317458
or
P/N [FONT=&quot]25840734

Getting desperate.

Thanks in advance.[/FONT]

Bill,

Thanks but even though its listed the part does not actually exist. When you try to order it the order will go through but you'll get an email 30 minutes later saying the part is not available and GM does not know when it will be again. I have tried all of the GM resources on the internet that are common.

Thanks

boy hate to hear that. Gm had about 50 less than 6 months ago. I found out most dealers buy that part install it. throw away a perfectly good one then learn how to reprogram the top properly and still charge you for the good one that was ok. that must be how they used up so many so soon.

ouch salt In the wound. One sold for 299 new on ebay 2 days ago. May want to put it in a search engine to keep a watch out for one if they are indeed discontinued. Gm has discontinued a dozen or so parts lately and then brought them back after a while . did you dealer do a nationwide search? If not ask them to do that. They also may be able to still put one on order

I have been checking eBay for a week, not sure how I missed it.

I spoke to a couple of the local dealers, just hoping to get lucky or hoping to catch a parts guy who was good at nation wide searching. Total strike out and was told no idea when they might get one.

It frigging sold before I got the notification about it. Unreal. I was on a plane to see my family in florida.

Thanks for the heads up

BUMP

all of the GM parts sellers on the net cannot get this part.... I missed the one on eBay while I was on a place to visit my family.

Thank you to all who have reached out to help.

I am still looking for the convertible top module.

Thanks, and a happy new year.

Long Tall as soon as I got your email I called them and bought the part. They called back 5 minutes later and said it was promised to someone else.

We just returned home from the dealership who had our 05 for five months. Originally they claimed the modules were not available but a few weeks ago said GM is once again offering them. Pt. No. 78932 is the module, Pt. No. 16890 is he pump. Total parts cost = $1440.

not sure what they listed those part numbers from, but those are not enough numbers for parts. The top module is available. you just have to order it and wait. 4 dealers have them in stock but all are spoken for so dont waste your time calling or theirs. the top control module is 25840734 there 5 digit numbers you listed usuall refere to used parts. One dealer has had them ordered since Nov and one said they just ordered one about 4-5 weeks ago. so order it and get on the list.

We just returned home from the dealership who had our 05 for five months. Originally they claimed the modules were not available but a few weeks ago said GM is once again offering them. Pt. No. 78932 is the module, Pt. No. 16890 is he pump. Total parts cost = $1440.

I think I have you beat. Mine's been in Cadillac dealer since Jan 15th.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom