Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Apartmen dweller and battery tender use

Grocery-Gtr

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Xenon Blue, I call "Blue Thunder."
Based on other post discussing parasite draw, I have a problem. I live in an apartment which makes it impossible to hook battery up to a battery tender. I've also read that an Optima or Odyssey battery does not fall victim to this virus. Haha, virus. Read the Optima falls victim to the virus as well. Any suggestions or am I going to have to put a mile or two on it daily so the battery doesn't draw down?

Update: Figured out how to put my battery on a charger/tender. What got me to this point was a parasite draw draining the battery overnight. Figured out my interior lights were not cutting off. Also found the arm rest storage light switch was not being depressed fully. fixed the arm rest light by building up a pad that would depress the switch enough to shut the light off. The rear-view mirror interior lights were a different. Eventually pulled the circuit breaker on that one. My CD exchanger is suspect because its clicking now. will remove it, send to NC for repair. Will update when its returned.

Oh install a SPECUSA 45-VETTE bluetooth unit. Install was a little time consuming trying to remove XM satellite connector. Works well though.... Worth it if you can find one. Bought mine on eBay....

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom