Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Arthritis Auto Show in Dublin, OH

Based on the discussion and all the nice Columbus folks we met at Homecoming, Coach and I had already marked this one on the calendar. Count us in!
e

Based on the discussion and all the nice Columbus folks we met at Homecoming, Coach and I had already marked this one on the calendar. Count us in!
e

That's great. nerkpowers is working on getting the XLRs in the show for '14. It would be nice to have a large group show up. The Columbus, OH area is pretty close for many of you. :wave:

I can do Columbus. As long as I don't have to wear anything with a red zero on it :)

Always sad when just for fun you do a Mapquest for something like this and get a pop-up that says "That's a long trip!" & start getting suggestions about hotels along the way. :( A little too far out of our range, but worth a look!

Always sad when just for fun you do a Mapquest for something like this and get a pop-up that says "That's a long trip!" & start getting suggestions about hotels along the way. :( A little too far out of our range, but worth a look!

I think you could use the show like we did @ The Homecoming. Make it a week or several day event. Drive up to the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI or the ACD Museum in Auburn, IN before or after the show...just a thought.:wave:

Know the feeling Amy we had the same emotions about Rod's Montana Run 30 hours road time without stop just far! I though thinking about work this Ohio show in if possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Grand Daddy, I think it will be a good time. We will have a bunch of activities planned and we have quite a few members within easy driving distance. I'm still working on Details, but hope to have most of the important stuff by Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Daddy, I think it will be a good time. We will have a bunch of activities planned and we have quite a few members within easy driving distance. I'm still working on Details, but hope to have most of the important stuff by Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it could be like a Homecoming all over again. But it depends a lot on my wife's possible job offer, she's got another interview for this job on Monday and if all goes well she gets 2 weeks vacation the 1st year! So we will see how things work out???? Keep your fingers crossed! Lol

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

I think you could use the show like we did @ The Homecoming. Make it a week or several day event. Drive up to the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI or the ACD Museum in Auburn, IN before or after the show...just a thought.:wave:

It's closer to you than Bowling Green was!

Biggest problem is we have a "full nest" and baby bird can nest somewhere else only so many times & for so long! :jump:

It IS closer than BG, but the anniversary event was something that probably is only going to happen once & was pretty big, so we made it work. Although I got completely sobbed on when we got back ... :bawling:

Exactly this is a big show and sounds like great. I am looking to registered for participating in the show.

Dublin, OH Arthritis Show Update

Based on the threads here and P-messages Bruce and I have exchanged, we are planning on this show being a National Gathering next year.

I have been able to continue to do some work on organizing the activities for the Arthritis Show. First, a couple of details:
- Dates: Thursday July 10 thru Sunday July 13
- Where: Dublin, Ohio

Bruce gave me the contact for the Arthritis Show and I was able to contact Mark and put our name in the hat for the show. We will have our own Sub-group, which means that we will have an area designated just for our cars. We will have two judging classes. I'm a novice at car shows, so if we need more, someone chime in. What was done in BG? We could always do Two trophies and several plaques, it is really up to us.

Hotel Accommodations - waiting to hear back from local hotels. Three near by are Crowne Plaza, Hilton Garden Inn and Marriot Courtyard. I am blocking rooms for 3 nights. Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I talked to the local Cadillac Dealer in Dublin - Capitol Cadillac. Since they offered detailing on their website, I talked to them about setting up something for us to get our cars detailed. They are very interested in doing something with us. We will be setting up an event where they will have tents and a cook out on Friday morning while most of us will be there to get our cars detailed. They have 3 XLR techs on staff. He said that he will have them there to chat with us. He also gave me the name of the National Cadillac/LaSalle Car Club.

Breakdown of events:
- Wednesday - Open. Ohio Folks - we need some ideas! A couple of thoughts I had. If folks don't mind staying in more than one hotel while they are here. Tues and/or Wed - stay at the Granville Inn. Quaint Hotel build in the mid-1800's and is near my house. http://www.granvilleinn.com Drive thru Amish Country in Holmes County - the largest population of Amish in a single location in the US (great drive from Granville) or to the Wilds - A 1,000+ acre open Animal/Zoo park where you travel through on a bus. About an 1 hour drive from Granville. http://www.thewilds.org/default.aspx Like I said - other Ohio Folks chime in. We'll take the best ideas and have a poll.

- Thursday - Last year they had a Legends Drive, where anyone participating in the car show could participate. This would i involve a one or two hour drive with some destination involved. Last year it was the Mid-Ohio race track. They had lunch and took couple laps around the track. This sounds like a great time.

- Friday - AM - Event with Local Cadillac Dealer. PM - Cruise In - Begins in the late afternoon, early evening. More info to come.

- Saturday - Car Show. Pretty much all day, but will probably end by 4 or 5 PM. I haven't planned anything yet for the evening drive and dinner. Again, Ohio folks, please chime in on this, too!.

That's all I have for now. I'll keep updating as I get more info.:)
Tim

Based on the threads here and P-messages Bruce and I have exchanged, we are planning on this show being a National Gathering next year.

I have been able to continue to do some work on organizing the activities for the Arthritis Show. First, a couple of details:
- Dates: Thursday July 10 thru Sunday July 13
- Where: Dublin, Ohio

Bruce gave me the contact for the Arthritis Show and I was able to contact Mark and put our name in the hat for the show. We will have our own Sub-group, which means that we will have an area designated just for our cars. We will have two judging classes. I'm a novice at car shows, so if we need more, someone chime in. What was done in BG? We could always do Two trophies and several plaques, it is really up to us.

Hotel Accommodations - waiting to hear back from local hotels. Three near by are Crowne Plaza, Hilton Garden Inn and Marriot Courtyard. I am blocking rooms for 3 nights. Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I talked to the local Cadillac Dealer in Dublin - Capitol Cadillac. Since they offered detailing on their website, I talked to them about setting up something for us to get our cars detailed. They are very interested in doing something with us. We will be setting up an event where they will have tents and a cook out on Friday morning while most of us will be there to get our cars detailed. They have 3 XLR techs on staff. He said that he will have them there to chat with us. He also gave me the name of the National Cadillac/LaSalle Car Club.

Breakdown of events:
- Wednesday - Open. Ohio Folks - we need some ideas! A couple of thoughts I had. If folks don't mind staying in more than one hotel while they are here. Tues and/or Wed - stay at the Granville Inn. Quaint Hotel build in the mid-1800's and is near my house. http://www.granvilleinn.com Drive thru Amish Country in Holmes County - the largest population of Amish in a single location in the US (great drive from Granville) or to the Wilds - A 1,000+ acre open Animal/Zoo park where you travel through on a bus. About an 1 hour drive from Granville. http://www.thewilds.org/default.aspx Like I said - other Ohio Folks chime in. We'll take the best ideas and have a poll.

- Thursday - Last year they had a Legends Drive, where anyone participating in the car show could participate. This would i involve a one or two hour drive with some destination involved. Last year it was the Mid-Ohio race track. They had lunch and took couple laps around the track. This sounds like a great time.

- Friday - AM - Event with Local Cadillac Dealer. PM - Cruise In - Begins in the late afternoon, early evening. More info to come.

- Saturday - Car Show. Pretty much all day, but will probably end by 4 or 5 PM. I haven't planned anything yet for the evening drive and dinner. Again, Ohio folks, please chime in on this, too!.

That's all I have for now. I'll keep updating as I get more info.:)
Tim

I'll be there.

Personally I don't support the Amish in any way and will not participate in any activity that does. It's a personal choice based on their attitude about animal abuse and puppy mills. Y'all go ahead without me. I'm thinking the SegAway as a group could be fun? Dinner in the German Village?

Another personal opinion....The judging at the show is of little interest to me. I'm not there to compete. I lean more towards exhibition and exposure of the car while hanging with the group.

More info to come

I thought I would post a picture of the Granville Inn, one of the locations to stay on Tuesday and Wednesday the week of the show. More info to come over the next few days. :wave:

Rob, could you make this a sticky note?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 377
I've heard many good things about the Granville Inn. We have friends that have stayed there for Mid-Ohio races.

I'm going to put this on my calendar ... sounds like a good time to get us all together in July. :)

We had this event on the calendar but with Wendy's new job looks like from lack of time off we are not going to be able to attend any long distance events for awhile! But that's life! I'm sure future events will come about as she gets more vacation time off!!!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

We had this event on the calendar but with Wendy's new job looks like from lack of time off we are not going to be able to attend any long distance events for awhile! But that's life! I'm sure future events will come about as she gets more vacation time off!!!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Sure is a problem when that four letter word, WORK, gets in the way of one's FUN...:blinzel:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom