Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Be aware of who is reading this forum.

C

Comfortzone

I received this private message today from someone that had seen a previously posted PDF.

"
Dear Comfortzone,

I work at OnStar on the marketing team. I'm curious as to where you got the PDF that you posted on this forum.

Please contact me at my office e-mail:
Margaret.Raddatz@onstar.com

Thanks & best regards,
Margaret Raddatz
Remarketing Manager"

Just tell them from "UR MAMA!" damn Onstar and there noisy eyes it's bad enough they listen in to us in our cars but even worse they monitor our forums now!

I received this private message today from someone that had seen a previously posted PDF.

"
Dear Comfortzone,

I work at OnStar on the marketing team. I'm curious as to where you got the PDF that you posted on this forum.

Please contact me at my office e-mail:
Margaret.Raddatz@onstar.com

Thanks & best regards,
Margaret Raddatz
Remarketing Manager"

I am not surprised - Cadillac monitors this forum as well - and wow, why not??? Hey .... we own XLRs!

onstar

there was a show on TV( history or discovery channel) last night "how to dissapear" or something to that effect.
It was about what a person has to do if they want to dissapear and start a new life.
It was mentioned that you have to get rid of the onstar in your car as well as the mic in your car as well as removing the battery from your cell phone and buying one that operates on purchased minutes, a throwaway.

All three can track your every movement and listen in on your conversations in the car.
Other things mentioned were that some of your tires has a chip in them to monitor your driving and location, actually showed them and how to read the lettering on the tire to see if it comes with the chip.

(tire chips)

I just read this thread, with great interest. Boilermaker: Do you recall which tires they cited in the report? Or where I might find that info? Pretty scary, and invasive stuff! I just purchased a set of Michelin PS 2's for the Vette; I hope they aren't chipped!

tires

I know that Michlin is a fore runner in adding the chips...identified on the side wall with "RFID" letters

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom