Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Better Late Than Never...

BusaMan

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum XLR
Hi, all. Well, while buying my better half a certified/used '11 SRX in California, we made the eventful decision to test drive the '06 Lt. Platinum XLR that just happened to also be for sale. One drive, and we were hooked. Since we live in Colorado, the dealer shipped the XLR out to us.

I'm sorting out some issues with it that the dealer (IMHO) should/could have caught, such as: the left fuel tank leaks, the DSC doesn't work and neither does voice recognition. The dealer is promising to stand up for the repairs of the first two issues (I just found out about the 3rd...), so I'll take it up to the dealer in Colorado Springs Monday morning.

I am totally in love with the car, even with its current "warts". I'm positive I'll be even more enthralled, once the issues get resolved. We've been hit w/ back-to-back snow storms, so the pic's will have to come later.

The folks on this site are the most welcoming bunch! I'm glad to get in on the XLR movement, even if we were a little late coming to the party. With your indulgence, I'll occasionally draw on your expertise, if that's OK.

Tim

Enjoy the XLR!!

I also have a 2006 Lt Platinum. It's my 2nd XLR. You will find this forum to be of great use in the future. Any problem or question, someone will be able to help.
:wave:
Casey

Welcome Tim ..... you know, you just missed us by a year! ..... Last year our group was enjoying Colorado Springs .... Hope we ride with you some day!

Ruth Ann :wave:

Congrats on your acquisition... and welcome to the forum! I've had my V for almost a year now and this board has provided assistance many times. Good luck on the "warts", but you'll most likely never regret making her a part of the family! :wave:

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum, Tim. This is a great place to "talk shop" about your XLR. We have a wealth of resources here and many member are more than happy to chime in on any resolutions, experiences, etc.... Hope you can join us on some get-togethers in the future.

:wave:

Congrats and welcome to the forum. :cool:

Welcome aboard!

The XLR is a very complex vehicle. If I recall correctly, there are 22 serial data modules in the car that communicate via a "data highway". Lots of sensors and switches as well.

But what a joy the car is to own and drive!

You might want to try and get a copy of John McCormick's book, Cadillac XLR. Though out of print, they occasionally show up on eBay. It is the detailed story of the development of the XLR. Lots of great pictues and technical information!

BusaMan,
Welcome to the forum! Let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you in the future. :patriot:

Cadillac Customer Service,
Justin

Hi, all. Well, while buying my better half a certified/used '11 SRX in California, we made the eventful decision to test drive the '06 Lt. Platinum XLR that just happened to also be for sale. One drive, and we were hooked. Since we live in Colorado, the dealer shipped the XLR out to us.

I'm sorting out some issues with it that the dealer (IMHO) should/could have caught, such as: the left fuel tank leaks, the DSC doesn't work and neither does voice recognition. The dealer is promising to stand up for the repairs of the first two issues (I just found out about the 3rd...), so I'll take it up to the dealer in Colorado Springs Monday morning.

I am totally in love with the car, even with its current "warts". I'm positive I'll be even more enthralled, once the issues get resolved. We've been hit w/ back-to-back snow storms, so the pic's will have to come later.

The folks on this site are the most welcoming bunch! I'm glad to get in on the XLR movement, even if we were a little late coming to the party. With your indulgence, I'll occasionally draw on your expertise, if that's OK.

Tim

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back