Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Bobfest 2012

rleonard

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
06 Infra Red XLR-V Midwest Marauder; Chief Machinist
Back by popular demand...Bobfest 2012!

I have reserved 3 rooms at Holiday Inn Express for Thursday night and 13 for Friday and Saturday. All are Kings except 3 are double Queen rooms on Fri. and Sat.

Jeff Waters is lined up again for our BBQ chef. He was great last year. Ribs, chicken, brisquit, and we'll smoke a couple of salmon fillets. Any suggestions or requests?

I'm working on the fireworks permit

DJ will be here too!

I know more are coming. Looking forward to bigger and better!

Mid america is on board again, so lets show them!

Bob

Oh, and I was in at the Alamo and they are ready for us to take over the upstairs again!

Hotel info

121 Swords Drive
Mattoon, IL 61938
P 217-235-2060
F 217-235-2061

Group Block Agreement

Name of Group: XLR Arrival Date: 9/13/2012
Address: Depart Date: 9/16/2012
State: Zip: Cut off Date:
Email: Phone: 2549535

# Rooms Room Types Rates
3 KNGN $92.00
for 9/13/12 only

9 KNGN $92.00
4 TQNN $92.00
for 9/14/12-9/16/12 only

Notes:

Group Reservation Policy

Reservations must be received no later than 8/13/2012 which will act as a cut-off date for
reservations. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites continue to accept reservations on a space and rate
available basis only.

If all arrangements meet with your approval, Please sign and return one copy of this agreement for
our records by 2/1/2012 in order to confirm these terms. If this confirmation is not
returned by the above date, the Holiday Inn Express and Suites reserves the right to release the room
block and cancel this booking.

Check In time is 3:00PM. Check Out time is 12:00PM

Accepted by: GSR: Delia Swensen

Date: Date: 1/25/2012

Talked with my pyrotechnic guy last week about Bobfest and MAM. (He owns a couple of Vettes) and he may be willing to come down and put the show on for us, if he's available then. I'll keep on him and see if it will happen.

I don't believe he drinks, so that would be a plus dealing with explosives. He does however look like he can eat....if you know what I mean,:chuckle:chuckle so you may have to increase the food quantity!!!:laugh::laugh:

Back by popular demand...Bobfest 2012!

.............................. I'm working on the fireworks permit...............

God willing and the creek don't rise ..... we are a definite maybe. We have a few issues to deal with ... but it's on the calendar. :wave:

Everyone already knows, 5AM would crucify me if I didn't bring her to this event.

Count us in!

Does this mean I can go ahead and make my reservations now?

I've got my HOTEL Reservations done (I'm using Hilton points and staying at the Hampton Inn) and all registered with MAM under MIDWEST XLR GROUP. WOOHOOO!! :rocker:

Never too early!

On our 2012 list of things to do. Diane & I will be there for sure.

The Alamo....On Board

Paula and I had dinner at the Alamo tonight. We talked to Alex, the manager. We are on the schedule for dinner, the Friday night of Bobfest weekend. They are looking forward to us coming!

Bob

Looks like a darn good possibility that we are out this year. :squint:

My Daughter is pregnant and due around that weekend, awaiting the actual date! ON the upside Iwillbe a Granny again! :worship:

Congratulations Sandy! I hope that it works out well for Mom, child, and Grandma! Hope that you are able to come.

Bob

Stupid newbie question from KC

What are the dates this event takes place. We are sort of slow here in Kansas and takes a while for things to sink in.
Sounds like fun

What are the dates this event takes place. We are sort of slow here in Kansas and takes a while for things to sink in.
Sounds like fun

Corvette Funfest Future Dates

2012 - Sept. 13-16th - 19th Annual
2013 - Sept. 19-22th - 20th Annual
2014 - Sept. 18-21th - 21th Annual
2015 - Sept. 17-20th - 22th Annual

Hope to see you there. Bobfest is Sept 15th, 2012 following time at Funfest.

:wave:

Kind of new here was wondering where is bobfest, and what's it about?

So I've put together that there is a corvette show in sept. Called funfest that goes from the 13-16. Where? (somewhere near matoon,il.) then there is a after party? At bob's or(bobfest)? What I thought I saw was a CANNON at bob's. I recently made a cannon out of a oxygen tank and it uses black powder charge that shoots a bowling ball about 400yrds. I don't think it will fit in the trunk maybe pass. seat with the top down. :chuckle What are the details of the event, where, so on?

So I've put together that there is a corvette show in sept. Called funfest that goes from the 13-16. Where? (somewhere near matoon,il.) then there is a after party? At bob's or(bobfest)? What I thought I saw was a CANNON at bob's. I recently made a cannon out of a oxygen tank and it uses black powder charge that shoots a bowling ball about 400yrds. I don't think it will fit in the trunk maybe pass. seat with the top down. :chuckle What are the details of the event, where, so on?

MidAmerica Motorworks (a large Corvette/VW aftermarket parts dealer) puts on a large (hundreds of Corvettes) show every September in Central Illinois (Effingham). Bob (one of the famous MM's - Midwest Marauders) lives just north (Mattoon) and has worked very hard to get the XLR's accepted at Funfest. Years of work and persistance has paid off and for the last several years, the XLR's have been nicely represented at Funfest (about a dozen the last couple of years now). After a fun day at Funfest, showing off our beautiful cars, Bob has had us over to his place for some partying - complete with fireworks, cannon demonstrations, etc... It is THE party of parties and Bob and Paula are wonderful hosts. We use Bob's place as a staging area before caravaning down to Effingham and show up in force.

THAT's what BOBFEST is all about! Hope you can make it this year. Bob has all the information on this thread. :rocker: If you have any more questions - just ask.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom