Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Break pads and rotors

boydavid

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black Base
Need to replace and looking for suggestions. I only drive about 3k miles a year and trying to watch cost. I see them on ebay for XLR and Corvette, complete sets starting around $200 and up for drilled & slotted with pads. Are these junk? Must I spend $400+ or is there a less-expensive brand that I can buy with some confidence?

Thanks all!

That low mileage should let you turn the rotors at a auto parts store. Buy name brand stuff. The old saying holds true. You get what you pay for

Try R1 Concepts. They make aftermarket rotors and sell name brand pads. I’ve had these 4 years and have been happy. I got the zinc coated, wish I would paid s bit more and got the black rotors. I got the Posi-quiet pads, but others here swear by Hawk. Either way the ceramic pads reduce dusting. Go to Retailmenot.com and enter in R1 Concepts. They usually have a 20% off code for pads+ rotor purchase. Good luck.
R1 Concepts Performance Brake Parts – Brake Rotors, Brake kits, Brake Pads, Brake Accessories, Rotor Disc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try R1 Concepts. They make aftermarket rotors and sell name brand pads. I’ve had these 4 years and have been happy. I got the zinc coated, wish I would paid s bit more and got the black rotors. I got the Posi-quiet pads, but others here swear by Hawk. Either way the ceramic pads reduce dusting. Go to Retailmenot.com and enter in R1 Concepts. They usually have a 20% off code for pads+ rotor purchase. Good luck.
R1 Concepts Performance Brake Parts – Brake Rotors, Brake kits, Brake Pads, Brake Accessories, Rotor Disc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate the help!

i kinda liked the oem acdelco rotors. they come with a specialized finish, that really inhibits the rust.
i am liking it better than the zinc coated ones i have on other cars.
all the slots and holes do is provide more places to rust! and cut the pads faster.
the oems are so cheap i got over the need for performance looking rotors.
plus in my experience they have more issues, rust, pad wear, noises...
moving on, i got pads from porterfield
some older threads i wrote on the topic : info on part numbers prices etc
pads and rotors sooo easy !

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-technical-discussion/8044-oem-rotors.html#post57467

you could probably get cheaper dustless pads. but i stuck with what i know. after a few years these are still performing
as expected.

J M O

Agree with Rex,,, just have the rotors turned to save $$ with only driving 3K per year. I have had excellent luck with very low brake dust going with Raybestos Ceramic pads,,but most ceramic pad brands available at auto parts stores should save you money and make you happy....

thanks again for replies. I will look for some oem rotors and a decent ceramic pad.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom