Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Canadian Designation ?

boilermaker

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black/Tan XLR: 2008 STS V8 AWD: 2008 SRX Premium AWD
I recently ran a VIN decoder, which is extremely detailed, for my Black / Tan 2009 which told me the car was built on 2008-08-19.

It went on to state that there were only 9 other vehicles which matched my cars RPO's

It also stated it was a "Rarity"...but I dont know why

It came back with 139 RPO codes, some I understand and some I dont.

There were a few RPO's stating that it was the only XLR produced in a certain week and that
there was only one other vehicle made with certain rpo's . It then goes on to list all rpos and how many other vehicles match them.

There were 653 vehicles matching this year and model in the database.

RPO decsription - R7Z control sales item No 50.
V76 Hook, front tow(export)frt tow hook (only one other vehicle with this)
A4X fleet sales ( CANADA) canadian processing code 32 ( 1 other vehicle)
OAQ identification plant pilot plant (only 1 other veh with this rpo)
BV7 bumper provisions frt & rear (canadian requirement) ( 3 others )
VS7 vehicle non saleable ( one other )
Of course there were numerous vehicles with 653 matching rpos.

Does anyone know what the ones I listed actually mean?

I recently ran a VIN decoder, which is extremely detailed, for my Black / Tan 2009 which told me the car was built on 2008-08-19.

It went on to state that there were only 9 other vehicles which matched my cars RPO's

It also stated it was a "Rarity"...but I dont know why

It came back with 139 RPO codes, some I understand and some I dont.

There were a few RPO's stating that it was the only XLR produced in a certain week and that
there was only one other vehicle made with certain rpo's . It then goes on to list all rpos and how many other vehicles match them.

There were 653 vehicles matching this year and model in the database.

RPO decsription - R7Z control sales item No 50.
V76 Hook, front tow(export)frt tow hook (only one other vehicle with this) fairly sure these are tiedown hooks used in shipping for CDN destinations
A4X fleet sales ( CANADA) canadian processing code 32 ( 1 other vehicle) When we owned our business we got a fleet code that we used when ordering a few vehicles, we would also get the special discount for personal cars, that is what this likely refers to.
OAQ identification plant pilot plant (only 1 other veh with this rpo)
BV7 bumper provisions frt & rear (canadian requirement) ( 3 others ) This is a slightly different impact requirement for cars shipped into Canada to meet CDN standards, therefore the bumpers are packed differently
VS7 vehicle non saleable ( one other )
Of course there were numerous vehicles with 653 matching rpos.

Does anyone know what the ones I listed actually mean?

If in fact your car was originally delivered to a Canadian dealer, you can contact GM h.q. in Oshawa, talk to the heritage/archives people 1-888-467-6853, they will fax you a form to complete and return to them. The head of that departmen was George Zapora, but I have not had a reason to contact them for 2 or 3 years now. GM Canada has informattion on every GM that ever passed thru their hands, unlike GM USA, they only started tracking individual vehicles a number of years ago. There is a fee, I beleive around $50.00 but they will send you a bunch of info on XLR's and the build sheet for your car and can answer any questions pertaining to the RPO's etc..<o:p></o:p>

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom