Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Car Cover advice

C

CADXLR-V

Hello everyone, I need some more advice. I want to buy a cover for my XLR-V and the Cadillac cover is just too expensive. I'm just not going to spend $900.00+ on a cover. Consequently, what has everyone else done? Can anyone recommend a decent quality and good fitting cover for a reasonable price? The cover is for indoor use only pretty much, but there may be times when I'm traveling in the XLR and need to cover it outside. Thanks!

California Car Covers has some very nice covers.(I have ordered several from them) You should be able to find what you are looking for there.

Bruce :wave:

Great Avatar!

I also have a car cover from CCC. Very high quality. They have several different types, which I am sure you will find one to suit your needs. I only use mine indoors so I can't tell you how it is outside, but the one I have can be used outdoors. Check out their website: www.calcarcover.com

car cover

I use one I had on my 2007 Corvette Coupe that fits perfectly and can be purchased from any of the many Corvette suppliers ie; Corvettes of Huston,Ecklers east coast corvettes, etc.

Another nod for California Car Cover. That only gets you in their store though, they offer many materials. I prefer the cotton drill with a flannel lining. It is a very good all around cover, indoors and out. Plus if it tears you can mend it, and I think it is softer than the Noah fabric. Mine fits like a glove.
Bruce

Thanks guys! I have not tried my Vette cover on the XLR-V, but I will. I still will need to buy another cover for when I want to cover them both, but it's nice to know it will fit.

$900 for a factory cadillac cover that should be $40. Does that mean our cars are maybe worth $15-20K? I got a cover with my car how do you tell if you have the $900 cover?

Thanks for the welcome. I would be interested in any xlr get togethers near us. Please let me know if you ever hear of any near sandusky ohio.
I think my blue xlr is beautiful so much so I threatened my wife I was going to build a ramp to my back door so I could bring it inside. To which she happily volunteered to move my bed into the garage for me as she isn't as happy with my purchase.

She'll love it as soon as the weather breaks and you take her driving with the top down!

I'm in the Cleveland area. The BEST get-togethers are with Bruce & Kathy from Indianapolis. We've gotten together everywhere from Auburn, IN to Madison, IN to Detroit to Mid-Ohio Raceway to Bowling Green, KY and Atlanta, GA... and everywhere in between. Yeah, we get around! :cool:

Great I will keep my eyes open for the next time the two set up a meet Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. I would be interested in any xlr get togethers near us. Please let me know if you ever hear of any near sandusky ohio.
I think my blue xlr is beautiful so much so I threatened my wife I was going to build a ramp to my back door so I could bring it inside. To which she happily volunteered to move my bed into the garage for me as she isn't as happy with my purchase.

You want her to like it? Give her a fob of her own and tell her to go drive it .... you might just have to sleep in the garage for another reason :lol:

Rich (HGR) You left out going to San Antonio in a few months .... you guys can add yet another car to your caravan! :wave: But, you're right .... a welcome from the Midwest Marauders is the best ... :rocker:

That's funny, She has a key fob. But neither of us has driven it yet. I had it delivered last friday and they drove it in the garage and there it has sat.
People ask why you bought your XLR on these sites. I bought mine and have never even driven or for that matter even sat in one. I just like their looks so much
With 4900 miles and a dealer willing to sell it for 10k below Blue book and a 5 yr/60K mile warrantee as well I couldn't pass it by.
I can't believe the deals out there. Now is definitely NOT the time to sell one.
Happy Days

That's funny, She has a key fob. But neither of us has driven it yet. I had it delivered last friday and they drove it in the garage and there it has sat.

I am so sorry to hear this! :pat:

When I got Lola I kept going to and from the back door to peek in the garage just to look at her .... I still get a thrill everytime I see/drive her. Yesterday I put the top down and went to the grocery store for stuff I didn't even need - You will love the ride, stares and pride you will have.... and the power ain't too bad either! :D

I had soooo much fun rebuilding mine from the collision damaged mess how I purchased it. I couldn't hardly wait to getrdone - almost working day & night, weekends. Gotrdone in 3 months - then the moment of truth... the first time out with the X. Took the X to the gas station to fill the tank... spent the next 45 minutes or so talking to others about my X!! It never fails to turn a head... or two. IN fact, My head still turns when I see the X parked in the driveway!!
Trust us... you WILL enjoy your X as much as the rest of us enjoy ours. Only trouble with mine is I have it put away for the winter... but come May, watch out - we're back on the road!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom