Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Center console

tyrone

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
06 red xlr
Hi, I need to get into the center console to replace a broken hinge on the cup door. The manual says to pull down on the chrome ring under the shift nob to expose the torx screw to remove the shift nob. Unfortunally I haven`t been able to get the chrome ring to budge at all. Don`t want to mess it up. Has anyone done this before? Can you help with what you did to remove that ring. Thanks.

Hi, I need to get into the center console to replace a broken hinge on the cup door. The manual says to pull down on the chrome ring under the shift nob to expose the torx screw to remove the shift nob. Unfortunally I haven`t been able to get the chrome ring to budge at all. Don`t want to mess it up. Has anyone done this before? Can you help with what you did to remove that ring. Thanks.

Take a small screwdriver and gently pry down on the ring.

You might want to pry on the front (closest to center stack) side, so if you gouge it, the gouge won't show.

Alternative -- find one of those jar opener gripper pads to give you a better grip on the ring while pushing it down.

center console

Thanks for all your help. Now I`ll try to fix my mistake.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom