Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

PRONG CENTER CONSOLE..NOT SURE WHAT DOES

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
HI all..this may sound crazy but when you lift the center console up there is a prong that comes up and pushed down when the center console is put down..It is on the center console, Lower right It is under part that goes up to enable you to get into storage..covered when console down..May sound silly but don't know what it is for....

HI all..this may sound crazy but when you lift the center console up there is a prong that comes up and pushed down when the center console is put down..It is on the center console, Lower right It is under part that goes up to enable you to get into storage..covered when console down..May sound silly but don't know what it is for....

I’m thinking your speaking of the interior light button that’s lights when you open the arm rest lid. The light is in the compartment box on the drivers side in case your is burnt out. I replaced my with a LED Bulb! [emoji362]

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking your speaking of the interior light button that’s lights when you open the arm rest lid. The light is in the compartment box on the drivers side in case your is burnt out. I replaced my with a LED Bulb! [emoji362]

I know it was a Duh moment for me but my light is not working. And of course..I did not look around in there..
Thanks for the info

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Replace it with an LED Bulb bright white and they last longer and don’t get hot! Happy to Help!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back