Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corsa Installed

gibbyxlr

My XLR/V(s)
2004 thunder grey XLR
Corsa installed and lovin it !

xlr 002.jpgxlr 003.jpg

It sure is nice, isn't it?! Now you're ready to add the rear stabilizer bar.

CC

Yes - Looking into swaybars ( Z06 )

Throatier than stock when you jump on it ( which is most of the time ! ). At idle slightly deeper, deceleration will give a slight crackle.
Nothing too crazy - Just sounds good !

I don't see any reason that it would interfere with swaybar lots of clearance behind mufflers , they look shorter than stock.
I will post pics as soon as I install swaybar - just doing my research on the bars and adjustable links.

Throatier than stock when you jump on it ( which is most of the time ! ). At idle slightly deeper, deceleration will give a slight crackle.
Nothing too crazy - Just sounds good !

Sounds good! Any resonance or drone at 60 to 70 mph? That's the important part for me. My Corvette had a real bad drone, it felt like I had a toothache all the time when trying to cruise at those speeds.

Got both V rear sway bar & Corsa on mine, all fit together fine. No drone to me at 60-70 - gibbyxlr's explanation is accurate. Certainly no droning like the JBL we had on a Mustang (switched it out to Corsa) or the BB Fusion on the V.

Thanks a lot for the info guys. I'm saving my pennies!! :chuckle

You are correct. The Corsa system is a cat back. It is the only aftermarket bolt-on, GM-approved modification for the XLR.

Prices for for the dual, quad-tip system vary from $1200-1800. I bought mine on the low end after a lot of searching six years ago.

There's no comparison to the stock exhaust note. Corsa is famous for their no-drone exhaust systems, a claim no other manufacturer can make. At idle and cruise, it's mellow; stomp on it and everyone around you will know you're accelerating. It definitely changes the personality of the vehicle. You can install it with a friend, or pay a shop around $200 to do it.

CC :wave:

You are correct. The Corsa system is a cat back. It is the only aftermarket bolt-on, GM-approved modification for the XLR.

Prices for for the dual, quad-tip system vary from $1200-1800. I bought mine on the low end after a lot of searching six years ago.

There's no comparison to the stock exhaust note. Corsa is famous for their no-drone exhaust systems, a claim no other manufacturer can make. At idle and cruise, it's mellow; stomp on it and everyone around you will know you're accelerating. It definitely changes the personality of the vehicle. You can install it with a friend, or pay a shop around $200 to do it.

Right on spot to the T CC mine had it on when bought her! And I'm damn glad she did. Love it no doubt at all! No drone and a cracking of HP when you put your foot in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

My FAVORITE upgrade I did to my XLR! Looks Great ... and SOUNDS amazing! :cool:

Not only do I want the sound, but it also looks way better! :thumbsup

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436395677.990129.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436395736.577121.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436395799.144797.jpg

I CAN'T DISAGREE WITH THAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Im in St.Catharines, was that your XLR I saw at the GM show at the engine plant ?? If it was she real sweet

Rear Anti-Sway Bar with Corsa exhaust.

I don't see any reason that it would interfere with swaybar lots of clearance behind mufflers , they look shorter than stock.
I will post pics as soon as I install swaybar - just doing my research on the bars and adjustable links.

I ordered mine from GM. I was surprized to find they are tubular, not solid bar. Links are not adjustable.
You will need to go for a rear alignment when the job is completed. Things move! Attach links to bar first.

I tried to attach a photo. That does not seem to work. :dunno: Private message me with your email.

Gord.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back