Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette Destroyed - Cash For Clunker Style

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
OMG I would have given the guy $4500.00 for the vette. WHY WHY would someone let that happen to a corvette. :(

What a shame that someone would even consider doing this.:squint:

Fred

What a waste......:dunno::confused:

I was happy. I shot a 38 on the back nine. Now I'm sad. What a sad ending for a beautiful car. How many teenagers would have given $4500 for that ride?

Here's the post right next to it:
Added on: 21-08-2009 by: PBriand

Description: The Cash For Clunkers law requires dealers to destroy the engines of the trade-in vehicle or face a $15,000 penalty. The US Government provides step by step instructions on how to do this.

The government's approved method of disabling a car states that the engine's oil has to be replaced with sodium silicate, also known as liquid glass. When the car is run with a this mixture, the liquid quickly evaporates and the sodium silicate is left behind, causing most of the oiled surfaces inside the engine to seize and break.

This video shows a perfectly good Corvette being destroyed by this method.

Something's not right about this whole thing .... How does a "perfectly good Corvette" end up being worth less than $4,500 unless it is thrashed and trashed anyway?:squint:

Cash for Clunkers is just another rip off of the American Taxpayer. The dealers in Colorado Springs have yet to recieve their money from the government to reimburse them for the $4,500.00 they allowed on the trade for the new vehicle. They are being told the check is in the mail but no checks have been recieved to date. This is just another scam by our government, just like the first time homebuyers being given $8,500 or more. Where is all this money coming from and where is it actually going. Has anyone taken $2,000,000,000.00 and divided it by $4,500.00 which will give you how many Clunkers were traded in. You can then divide that by fifty states and you will see this is all just a lot of crap. Why should anyone be given money to help them trade in their old car unless every adult in the United States is given the same amount of money? By the way, that amounts to 444,444 vehicles or about 8,888 per state. It would be interesting to see what tax bracket these people are in that traded in their Clunkers. I would also like to know how many of the new vehicles were made by American companies. Wake up America!!!!!

America is awake ... but they're (we're) not the one's making the decisions ....
Do you really think that if even half of this stimulous garbage was on a ballot that the public would pass it??? I don't think so.

We're the "Clunkers". :rolleyes:

A little off the subject, but, do you remember when the government told us the reason for global warming was the COWS, belching Methane Gas? What a joke and yet Al Gore won a Nobel Peace award rather then the little lady that sneaked thousands of Jewish babies and children out of concentration camps in Nazi Germany. I agree, if any of the bailouts had been put to a vote of the American people none of this would have passed. It was so refreshing to see the Amish men driving their horse and buggies on US Hiway 36 on my return trip from Illinois this month. Now, off the soap box and back on the ladder, I am installing a drapery rod in my living room. :wave::wave::wave:

:chuckleYou be careful there Foxy!!!
A little off the subject, but, do you remember when the government told us the reason for global warming was the COWS, belching Methane Gas? What a joke and yet Al Gore won a Nobel Peace award rather then the little lady that sneaked thousands of Jewish babies and children out of concentration camps in Nazi Germany. I agree, if any of the bailouts had been put to a vote of the American people none of this would have passed. It was so refreshing to see the Amish men driving their horse and buggies on US Hiway 36 on my return trip from Illinois this month. Now, off the soap box and back on the ladder, I am installing a drapery rod in my living room. :wave::wave::wave:

Cash for Clunkers is just another rip off of the American Taxpayer. The dealers in Colorado Springs have yet to recieve their money from the government to reimburse them for the $4,500.00 they allowed on the trade for the new vehicle. They are being told the check is in the mail but no checks have been recieved to date. This is just another scam by our government, just like the first time homebuyers being given $8,500 or more. Where is all this money coming from and where is it actually going. Has anyone taken $2,000,000,000.00 and divided it by $4,500.00 which will give you how many Clunkers were traded in. You can then divide that by fifty states and you will see this is all just a lot of crap. Why should anyone be given money to help them trade in their old car unless every adult in the United States is given the same amount of money? By the way, that amounts to 444,444 vehicles or about 8,888 per state. It would be interesting to see what tax bracket these people are in that traded in their Clunkers. I would also like to know how many of the new vehicles were made by American companies. Wake up America!!!!!
Very well stated FR. There is alot of Dealers not seeing any of the money. There is article after article regarding this. Dealers are saying first they would submitt the paper work and it would get rejected by the government saying they didn't complete it correctly. It has also been said that the government doesn't have enough man power to process the refunds. I would like to know if there is any dealers that have been paid. Not to mention the EPA keeps changing the standards so therefore, cars that were once considered a clunker is no longer a clunker. The dealers are destroying the vehicles prior to finding out oh by the way that car isn't a clunker. Then what is the dealer suppose to do. IMO this is going to be another housing market crisis. People want the government handling our health care? That can't handle the programs they have now. I for one don't want the government handling my health. :patriot: Politicians are forgeting they work for us. We put you in office we will and can vote you out. :patriot:

I started a thread with an article about it ending how many of the orders are pending and how many have went through. I believe there is also a dealer in the article. To think this program was suppose to go till November. :dunno:

Now they have Supa fired up :mad:...they better watch out.
I don't know what upsets me more this crazy program or mad that any one would do that to that Corvette. I would gave that dope $4,500.00 for that vette. :mad:

Cash for Clunkers program is ending Monday night, August 24, 2009, the program has run out of money. The government has been throwing away trillions of dollars but if they don't get off their you know what the Ryan White Funds will be no more before the end of September. I guess they figure if they don't continue funding Ryan White funds there will be a lot of people that will just die and that will be less a burdern on our coming National Health Care System. In my wildest dreams, I never thought I would see my country in the shape it is today. This National Health Care System is just another bunch of CRAP. People need to get an education, get a job, set priorities, have a home, food, life insurance, health insurance and so on. Don't expect someone else to do all this for you. Once you become of age you are to take responsibility for your life, you are not the responsibility of your parents or the government. Now back on the ladder, two more brackets to install, couldn't wait, have one panel of the drapes up so I could see what they will look like. Black Silk with Gold embroidery about the size of bread and butter plates. Sure will be glad when my house is complete.

I agree with everything you said .... except the black drapes .... ;) Send pix .... sounds interesting - hey, maybe we need a new thread!

Cash for Clunkers program is ending Monday night, August 24, 2009, the program has run out of money. The government has been throwing away trillions of dollars but if they don't get off their you know what the Ryan White Funds will be no more before the end of September. I guess they figure if they don't continue funding Ryan White funds there will be a lot of people that will just die and that will be less a burdern on our coming National Health Care System. In my wildest dreams, I never thought I would see my country in the shape it is today. This National Health Care System is just another bunch of CRAP. People need to get an education, get a job, set priorities, have a home, food, life insurance, health insurance and so on. Don't expect someone else to do all this for you. Once you become of age you are to take responsibility for your life, you are not the responsibility of your parents or the government. Now back on the ladder, two more brackets to install, couldn't wait, have one panel of the drapes up so I could see what they will look like. Black Silk with Gold embroidery about the size of bread and butter plates. Sure will be glad when my house is complete.

Please post all available jobs I have very close friends that have degrees and extensive experience but have been laid off due to there companies going out of business. I believe there are 30 million workers in America out of work right now. I am also interested in the 10 BILLION dollars in cash that is missing from the Iraq port that was on pallets 1 1/2 years ago.:mad: Please tell me what country we our going to invade next, destroy, and then rebuild a democracy into more than we enjoy here in America.:mad: Example Iraq we have spent over 1 trillion dollars.:mad: Afganistan they will never ask us to leave because they know they got it made now that America has commited its armed forces there.:( I could go on and on but the treat would be to long and be off topic even though this is posted in off topic.

Fred

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Whether we agree with one another or not we still have our right to the opinions we have. To some extent I agree with FR. Young people today do not want to work for what they want the way the older generations has. We have got to stop with the hand outs. People have got to stop living beyond their means and expecting everyone else to pay for them. When we were growing up we were taught to save for a rainy day. Todays younger generation does not look toward that rainy day.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Whether we agree with one another or not we still have our right to the opinions we have. To some extent I agree with FR. Young people today do not want to work for what they want the way the older generations has. We have got to stop with the hand outs. People have got to stop living beyond their means and expecting everyone else to pay for them. When we were growing up we were taught to save for a rainy day. Todays younger generation does not look toward that rainy day.
I completely agree with you. :blinzel:

Fred:patriot:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry