Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Corvette plant work schedule changes to 10 hour days

Changes have been annouced for the Corvette plant work schedule

The Bowling Green Assembly Plant will be moving to a new work schedule effective the week of July 20th. Assembly workers will be on the job for 10 hours per day, 4 days per week instead of an 8 hour/5 day workweek.

The New Work Week:

Beginning July 20th plant operation will be Monday through Thursday for 10 hours per day. Assembly plant workers will start their shifts at 6:12 am and end at 4:42 pm.

Revised Work Schedule:

* The Plant will work the week of June 22nd.
* The Plant will be closed for three weeks: the weeks of June 29th, July 6th and July 13th.
* The Plant will work for two weeks: the weeks of July 20th and July 27th
* The Plant will be closed for three weeks: the weeks of August 3rd, August 10th and August 17th.
* The Plant will return to work the week beginning August 24th.

Plant Tours

The morning tour times should remain the same (9 am and 11:30 am). The afternoon tour time will be changed and the plant will announce soon what the new time will be.

Thankfully we're reading a post about changes and not closure. :patriot:
I agree with you Madam. Ford has been doing the 10 hour four day week. Hopefully they will keep heading in the change direction and get their company back.:patriot:

Yes, I'm glad to hear that they will still be working.
The on again off again schedule will make it tough for people to tour the plant during their visit to BG or if they are doing the museum delivery of their new car.

A four day schedule was discussed for many years at the plant. I am assuming that the union and membership finally agreed to do it.

SilverX

We are touring the plant in September. I received notice that the morning tour will be changed from 0900 to 0830 and had to reconfirm. I am glad that they are still giving tours as this will be our first trip to Bowling Green and I am really looking forward to taking the tour and visiting the museum.

We are touring the plant in September. I received notice that the morning tour will be changed from 0900 to 0830 and had to reconfirm. I am glad that they are still giving tours as this will be our first trip to Bowling Green and I am really looking forward to taking the tour and visiting the museum.

I hope you enjoy your visit to Bowling Green. When in September are you visiting?

Bruce :wave:

The tour is great and you will like the Museum as well; a very nice addition just opened this year. Too bad you won't be able to see XLR's being made anymore--last one rolled off the line April 30th. :ugh::ugh:

Enjoy your trip!!

I have been through this plant three times and every time its more exciting and interesting. While your there pick out your corvette and when you return home order it its a life changing event and a legenary, beauitful, fantastic fun car.:blinzel:

Fred:wave::wave::wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back