Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette Receives Top Ranking

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
The Corvette received top ranking from J.D. Power and Associates, and the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant received the Bronze Plant Award with only 43 problems reported per 100 vehicles.

Way to go!!
blinzel.gif

VetteTube - Corvette Videos, Corvette Crashes, Corvette Burnouts, Corvette Racing

Congratulations to the Corvette and the Bowling Green plant. It is nice to hear some good news.:patriot::D

Bronze Plant Award with only 43 problems reported per 100 vehicles.

Way to go!!
blinzel.gif

Maybe I'm seeing this wrong,,,???? Only(???) 43 problems per 100. Hmmmm,,,, So that means,, 43% of vettes on the road have problems?!?!

To me that sounds terribly,,, 43%! What if our planes we fly in have 43% problems? Ohhh Nooo.

• Admin
Ego boost as Corvette, assembly plant both honored by J.D. Power

By JENNA MINK, The Daily News, jmink@bgdailynews.com/783-3246
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:57 AM CDT

In the midst of layoffs, short-term closures and a company bankruptcy, workers at the General Motors Bowling Green Assembly Plant got a morale boost this week.

The local plant was ranked as one of the top auto assembly plants in the country and the Corvette, which is made at the Bowling Green plant, was named one of the best vehicles by J.D. Power and Associates, a global marketing information company well-known for its auto industry data.

J.D. Power recently released its 2009 quality study, which measures the top-performing vehicles and plants in the automotive industry.

Full Story: Bowling Green Daily News

Maybe I'm seeing this wrong,,,???? Only(???) 43 problems per 100. Hmmmm,,,, So that means,, 43% of vettes on the road have problems?!?!

To me that sounds terribly,,, 43%! What if our planes we fly in have 43% problems? Ohhh Nooo.

You know... I was thinking the same thing.

• Admin
A Letter From Paul Graham, Plant Manager, Bowling Green Assembly Plant

Bowling Green Assembly Employees,

JD Power results are in, and I am proud to deliver the exciting results for the Chevrolet Corvette and Bowling Green Assembly team.

First, the Chevrolet Corvette was ranked the Best GM Model.

- The Chevy Corvette score came in at 71 PPH, placing us at the top of the pack for all GM models. This is an improvement of 21 points from our previous year?s score of 92 PPH. In addition, our car came in at the top of its segment ? beating our fierce competitor, Porsche, by 1 PPH. This is truly an awesome victory. Unfortunately, an award will not be given due to a shortage of entries in the segment, but we have a lot to celebrate for with this accomplishment. We do not need an award to tell us how well we performed.

Second, the Bowling Green team secured the Bronze Plant Award.

- Our plant score, which indicates the number of quality issues that were plant controllable, came in at only 43 PPH - tying with the Toyota Georgetown Plant and the Ford Truck Plant. In addition, this top-notch score was only 1 PPH away from the Silver Plant score (Oshawa Car @ 42 PPH) and 2 PPH away from the Gold Plant score (Honda, East Liberty, Ohio @ 41 PPH).

Third, we achieved our plant mission: To competitively produce the highest quality vehicles in our market segment by using our greatest resource, our people working together.

- Our award winning quality performance in the annual JD Power survey demonstrates our focus on quality and the immense amount of pride our team has in building cars. Make no mistake, it has been a difficult go for the Bowling Green team - working through unprecedented times and multiple derates, a Special Attrition Program, layoff and downweeks. But this plant just proved its winning spirit and dedication to customer satisfaction, even when times are tough. Time and time again, I have watched you work together to surface issues and develop and implement solutions. Your hard work and patience have paid off, and the quality of our products leaving the plant is better than ever before.

Now, we MUST CONTINUE OUR FOCUS ON QUALITY. We need to celebrate on the run and keep moving forward in the right direction because we know that is the mindset of our competition. In addition, the scores of the top 25 plants in the U.S. were separated by only 10 points, so as you can see, our competition is intense. I truly believe this team can bring home the Gold Plant Award next year and stay on top as the Best GM Model.

As you leave for this next shutdown, please take a moment to pat yourself on the back and say congratulations to your team members for a job well done.

When we come back to work, let?s continue to work together to show who's best!

Congratulations Bowling Green Team.

Paul Graham,
Plant Manager

I'm sorry, but I thought the same thing as well. It seems the bar is set kind of low. However, I'm no auto manufacturing expert and have really no clue what the numbers actually mean, but as others have noticed the record does not seem to be that "outstanding".

I don't know what the numbers mean either, but reading the article above Corvette was at 92PPH the year before and got down to 71PPH....a pretty significate drop. So I guess is it something good.

I'm sorry, but I thought the same thing as well. It seems the bar is set kind of low. However, I'm no auto manufacturing expert and have really no clue what the numbers actually mean, but as others have noticed the record does not seem to be that "outstanding".

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom