Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvettes owners who cant handle their cars!!!

Rod, methinks that some of the folks from "back east" might have a little difficulty dealing with the fact (!) that we have empty highways to drive out here in the west, where we can do speeds that they can only imagine being reached on a race track, in fact, we can usually go faster (due to absence of turns). Our dangers involve the aforementioned cops, wildlife, rogue crosswind, car/bike mechanical issues, etc.

I was on a road in NE Utah where you could see every inch of the road for over a 10 mile stretch. Same sort of thing in California, on the back roads around Edwards AFB that I used to drive. We have a road east of Pueblo (recently paved) where there's about a 10 mile stretch without so much as a driveway or cross street, and where traffic is non-existent between shift changes. Reaching 200 mph on that road is not that rare. We have a road out to a town called Beulah, upon which a former customer of ours took his Lamborghini Diablo over 225 mph.

Pretty tough to do that in any east coast state that comes to mind. :)

Tim

How true. I did 141 from a dead stop on about a 2 mile straight stretch, no side streets, traffic is non-existent almost always. The speedometer was still climbing, but I felt better of pushing my limits any further. I have GOT to try it again!!!

You guys are definitely right! There are very few good long straight stretches here where you don't have to worry about other traffic, so it's also easy for the police camp out on all of them. So yeah, I was wondering about that 141!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom