Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Custom XLR Listed at Barrett Jackson

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR, 2013 XTS Platinum Black Diamond Tricoat
So it says it is a 2008 XLR with a 57 chevy front end, 58 doors and 59 rear end. It's the company that built these on Vettes and also did 63 vette bodies on new 2012 bodies, 7-8-9.

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 7.36.28 PM.png

You don't even clean up & detail the engine compartment????? I had seen the corvette version & like the XLR one better.download.jpg

244238_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

244238_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

244238_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

IMO, this was thinking outside the box....good job. Another thought......it sure will be easier
and less costly to find headlight and tail-light replacements..

What happened to the

Emoji icon choices Rob?​

I am not too crazy about top up look but down it looks pretty good to me. I agree. that fixes the headlight and taillight issue . Though trim may now become a problem.

One more thing about it,,,,,it sure would be an attention getter' at car shows.

I really like the '57 front & '59 rear 'looks'.....favorites of mine. I always disliked the '58 Chevs

Had to be a boatload of time and $$ put into that build.

I'm another individual who supports creativity, and "thinking outside of the box." And it is one of a kind, and likely has the very durable and superbly engineered XLR bones. We've all seen the listings for otherwise running and seemingly lightly damaged XLRs that occasionally come up for salvage parts, and not considered roadworthy--- likely this was such a candidate that received a "second life" as something else. Aside from tacking on the front and rear, I wonder just how much of the XLR's body is used, aside from the "greenhouse," which is XLR.

Quote: "I wonder just how much of the XLR's body is used, aside from the "greenhouse," which is XLR."

I imagine the windshield and all around glass, outside mirrors, folding roof assembly, and trunk were incorporated
into the build

244238_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

244238_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

244238_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

IMO, this was thinking outside the box....good job. Another thought......it sure will be easier
and less costly to find headlight and tail-light replacements..

What happened to the

Emoji icon choices Rob?​

You mean this one? 🤮

screen-shot.jpg

Rob,,, How about posting a picture(s) of your XLR, and your other cars,,,, including your daily driver?

Thanks for showing the icon location,
I. B. Stupid [ ;) ]

Unfortunately, I don't have an XLR yet, but my daily driver:

305.jpeg

My baby:

IMG_20201129_154051_504.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201129_154051_505.jpg
    IMG_20201129_154051_505.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 303
I've replaced the secondary port vacuum system twice which is on top of the starter 😂

img_20201129_154051_505-jpg.13443

Well those are rare ones,,,,best to hold-on to that one........the right color also.

Thanks for being upfront with your cars,,,, I had imagined your daily driver was
going to be a Kia Soul

Reactions: Rob
back when they were new GM did not make enough starters as most people just sat them in a garage. When they started to go bad there were none . I see now someone is making them for 2-300. I saw used ones go for 1500-2000 years ago. I dont think you can change one on the side of the road with an adjustable wrench in 1/2 hour like you used to be able to do with my 69 Camaro z28.

Quote: " I dont think you can change one on the side of the road with an adjustable wrench in 1/2 hour like you used to be able to do with my 69 Camaro z28."

Maybe not on that particular Vette,,,,,, but Rob carries a left-handed, metric, crescent wrench in his Bimmer
incase of a issue under the hood :laugh:
j/k

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M Tee... have any pictures of your Z28?

Here is the one I had:
z-69camaro-rear-jpg.13444

z-69-camaro-resto-1-jpg.13445

What was this thread about? :unsure:

Attachments

• Z 69camaro  REAR.jpg
    Z 69camaro REAR.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Z 69 camaro resto 1.jpg
    Z 69 camaro resto 1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Haha
Reactions: Rob
Quote: " I dont think you can change one on the side of the road with an adjustable wrench in 1/2 hour like you used to be able to do with my 69 Camaro z28."

Maybe not on that particular Vette,,,,,, but Rob carries a left-handed, metric, crescent wrench in his Bimmer
incase of a issue under the hood :laugh:
j/k

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M Tee... have any pictures of your Z28?

Here is the one I had:
z-69camaro-rear-jpg.13444

z-69-camaro-resto-1-jpg.13445

What was this thread about? :unsure:
I use a sonic screw driver for everything 😂

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors