Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale - XLR-V at auction

pure zen

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl XLR
189198_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

Lot #686 2006 CADILLAC XLR-V ROADSTER goes across the block on Thursday......40K mile car

2006 CADILLAC XLR-V ROADSTER

The color is right,,the miles are right,,,any guesses what the price it will bring?

p z

Love the color. Fastest in the fleet. Going, going, gone for $30.750. No reserve, it will be sold. There's at least a 10% bidder premium that must be taken into consideration for the winner. Time to get ready for the top down season. The description was misleading at best. Someone didn't do their homework. Only 2,188 of the V models produced, no paddle shifters nor a racing mode feature other than pressing the peddle to the metal.

Last edited:
Giving hope for the future,,,,,

,,,,,,, my guess on the winning bid $30,750. It will sell tomorrow (Thursday 28th) with no reserve price.

189198_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

Army Al,,,,you were 1/2 way there!

W O W!

SOLD > hammered @$62,000 ...... w/commission fee = $68,200 ...... Excellent figure for a 40K mile car!

No, that is my guess on the winning bid $30,750. It will sell tomorrow (Thursday 28th) with no reserve price.

Reading is HARD & I'm an idiot because I missed that. :pat:

So that ended up being well sold instead of well bought.

Seller is eating lobster tonite,,,,,,,

quote: "So that ended up being well sold instead of well bought."

You can say that,,,,it brought more than I figured it would, which is good news for the XLR community!

I personally seen the car on Tuesday at B-J,,,,,it was very nice but it sold for $18-23K more than I figured.
The seller had to be smiling ........

Army Al,,,,you were 1/2 way there!

W O W!

SOLD > hammered @$62,000 ...... w/commission fee = $68,200 ...... Excellent figure for a 40K mile car!

Phew! Very lucky seller. I wwouldn't want to have that much in TWO OF THEM!:(

Should have purchased mine with the ebony interior. Over twice the price of my guess, damn.

Last edited:
no kidding,,

Should have purchased mine with the ebony interior. Over twice the price of my guess, damn.

lol,,,LOL,,, I could say the same Al....

After watching the live feed, I can see why I fell in love with my XLR at first sight. Had to take it home to Daddy.

B-J Auction

quote: "So that ended up being well sold instead of well bought."

You can say that,,,,it brought more than I figured it would, which is good news for the XLR community!

I personally seen the car on Tuesday at B-J,,,,,it was very nice but it sold for $18-23K more than I figured.
The seller had to be smiling ........

I too saw the car there on Sat the 223rd. Spoke to the seller for ID. Cocky old guy. Nice car but surprised it went for more than 40k.

That XLR-V wasn't sold this week in Scottsdale 2016..................that was back in 2009, seven years ago, at the B-J LAS VEGAS Auction

2009 CADILLAC XLR-V 2 DOOR CONVERTIBLE Read the info///carefully > Auction Las Vegas 2009

Back then, 2009, the V models MSRP was that high,,,,I wouldn't consider that a big deal at all.. JMO

Well now this is strange. When I did the search yesterday on the current BJ Scottsdale - this page came up and showed the Jan, 2016 dates. Now I see it shows different! Sorry

Phil,,

Phil,,,,no need to be sorry.... B-J's 'home page' does show the Scottsdale auction dates at the top.....that will change to the next auction dates soon...

When you do a 'search' on a specific car model,,,the search pulls up examples from previous B-J auctions,,, that is what caught you. To see what was is in the 'present' auction, you need to scan through the DOCKET feature. B-J needs to make that more clear on their part at their website.....is confusing.

All is forgiven.....

Phil,,,,no need to be sorry.... B-J's 'home page' does show the Scottsdale auction dates at the top.....that will change to the next auction dates soon...

When you do a 'search' on a specific car model,,,the search pulls up examples from previous B-J auctions,,, that is what caught you. To see what was is in the 'present' auction, you need to scan through the DOCKET feature. B-J needs to make that more clear on their part at their website.....is confusing.

All is forgiven.....

THANKS for the clarification Zen. I thought I was losing it because I actually pulled it up a couple of times to "look again" before I posted it here. Yet, this morning when opening the link it does show the April sale dates.

Thought I'd picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue!! :D

Color number and Name

Not sure if that was a limited special color or what. Does anybody know what Cyber Gray looked like? If it is Cyber Gray, they only made one with Cashmere. The MSRP at the time most likely was $104,660.00 with a Total Vehicle Price of $108,000.00 Options and destination charges not included in MSRP.

It was not a special color, just a new color offered on the 2009 model. It's the same color as the Cyber Gray offer on the Corvette.

Not sure if that was a limited special color or what. Does anybody know what Cyber Gray looked like? If it is Cyber Gray, they only made one with Cashmere. The MSRP at the time most likely was $104,660.00 with a Total Vehicle Price of $108,000.00 Options and destination charges not included in MSRP.

Now I'm confused. I was referring to the Red/Black 2006 V, 40k miles, that recently sold at B-J auction on Thurs of last week. Did that in fact sell for 60k or was I confusing that sale with another car at a previous auction?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom