Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Finally pulled the plug and splurged for the Corsa Exhaust. Supposed to pick up from Lingenfelters in Decatur, Indiana next week. He told me they have over 50 cars there they are working on now and would be glad to show me around.

You will absolutely love :rocker: it but it will be hard on gas.......:dunno:.......because you will play with the long skinny pedal more! :chuckle

Finally pulled the plug and splurged for the Corsa Exhaust. Supposed to pick up from Lingenfelters in Decatur, Indiana next week. He told me they have over 50 cars there they are working on now and would be glad to show me around.

WOOHOOO!! Another Corsa Brother! You will LOVE it Marc. Best upgrade I've done on my '05. Can't wait to hear it at Mid Ohio. :cool:

New Orleans trip

Chicago Dave, how was your trip to New Orleans? Did you & Devin have a good time?

Chicago Dave, how was your trip to New Orleans? Did you & Devin have a good time?

We had a great time! Enjoyed a little site-seeing and some awesome experiences in the Superdome.

Beauty got her first trophy today at a little local car show, got her to pose for the camera with it. Only got to a Silver Award, BUT it was a Mustang club sponsored show with only about 5-6 other GM cars there, so there was a little bit of a Ford slant. Surprisingly, no other XLR's . . .:D

She's coming along! :cool: Trophy or no, these types of shows are always so much fun.

Attachments

• MCT Trophy XLR.jpg
    MCT Trophy XLR.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 256
Beauty got her first trophy today at a little local car show, got her to pose for the camera with it. Only got to a Silver Award, BUT it was a Mustang club sponsored show with only about 5-6 other GM cars there, so there was a little bit of a Ford slant. Surprisingly, no other XLR's . . .:D

She's coming along! :cool: Trophy or no, these types of shows are always so much fun.

CONGRATULATIONS on Beauty's win! She really is a beautiful car - you take care of her very nicely.

Thanks guys!

I'd like to see how it would do in a Cadillac show. There's one nearby in Sept., but I can't verify if it's limited to antiques. If it's a nice day I may just roll the dice & drive over to it anyway - worth it to see other Caddies even if mine can't be in it! :lol:

Thanks guys!

I'd like to see how it would do in a Cadillac show. There's one nearby in Sept., but I can't verify if it's limited to antiques. If it's a nice day I may just roll the dice & drive over to it anyway - worth it to see other Caddies even if mine can't be in it! :lol:

My experience with the Cadillac Club people is that they are into the older (classic) Cadillacs - they don't seem to be into the new, fancy roadsters like we drive. I had joined the Cadillac LaSalle Club last year (and the Allante/XLR chapter) but realized they don't pay much attention to the XLR. I fit much better with local Corvette Club (for the most part).

Good luck though - I think Beauty would fit into any show you get her entered in. People love to admire such a fine piece of machinery.

Beauty got her first trophy today at a little local car show......Trophy or no, these types of shows are always so much fun.

I find that the small, local car shows are the most enjoyable. Down here where I live, they are often put on by a local church. I find that the crowd is much better behaved and friendly at these shows.

A small church that is very close to my home does a show each year. Last year I took my XLR and talked my brother into bring his 1932 Ford 3-window coupe.

DSC00554.jpg

I find that the small, local car shows are the most enjoyable. Down here where I live, they are often put on by a local church. I find that the crowd is much better behaved and friendly at these shows.

A small church that is very close to my home does a show each year. Last year I took my XLR and talked my brother into bring his 1932 Ford 3-window coupe.

DSC00554.jpg

What a neat pairing!

My experience with the Cadillac Club people is that they are into the older (classic) Cadillacs - they don't seem to be into the new, fancy roadsters like we drive. I had joined the Cadillac LaSalle Club last year (and the Allante/XLR chapter) but realized they don't pay much attention to the XLR. I fit much better with local Corvette Club (for the most part).

Good luck though - I think Beauty would fit into any show you get her entered in. People love to admire such a fine piece of machinery.

I think the Cadillac-LaSalle people are the same here - I emailed a while back asking if the show was limited to antiques & told them what I had & haven't gotten any response. :dunno:

I'm actually hoping to give the Corvette club angle a shot - a local club sponsors an all makes show in a few weeks. Like to go & talk to some members. :cool:

WOOHOOO!! Another Corsa Brother! You will LOVE it Marc. Best upgrade I've done on my '05. Can't wait to hear it at Mid Ohio. :cool:

Sorry Dave but you won't hear them at Mid-Ohio. I have never had so much trouble buying a set of $1,600.00 exhaust in my life. Guess Corsa doesn't want my money. I was supposed to pick them up last Wednesday but they didn't come in yet. Called them today and they don't know where they are. If I'm lucky they may be in by Bobfest.

Sorry Dave but you won't hear them at Mid-Ohio. I have never had so much trouble buying a set of $1,600.00 exhaust in my life. Guess Corsa doesn't want my money. I was supposed to pick them up last Wednesday but they didn't come in yet. Called them today and they don't know where they are. If I'm lucky they may be in by Bobfest.

Maybe you can have Corsa bring them to Funfest and they would install them right there, onsite. We could ALL watch them get installed. :D

Good luck - believe me - worth the wait!

Dave, I tried for the last two years to have them bring some to MAM that they could probably sell several sets to XLR owners. There reply was that it is a Corvette function. So be it.

I washed the Schooley Mobile last night, making sure it looks good when Steve flies in today to pick it up for Mid-Ohio.

Thank you Cadillac Tech for cleaning up "my" car.:laugh: It was a wonderful drive into work this morning...beautiful weather, great music and a clean car!! :)

I washed the Schooley Mobile last night, making sure it looks good when Steve flies in today to pick it up for Mid-Ohio.

Corsa Exhaust

Talked to Lingenfelter again this afternoon. They still have not heard from Corsa on my exhaust. They said 3-5 days but it looks like 3-5 weeks. About to pull the plug on Corsa. Not a good experience since the get go. I'm sure my money will be good somewhere else.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom