Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Dealer wants my XLR

XFireXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist Met. XLR
Got a letter today from a GM Cadillac dealer in Newport News, VA that wants to buy my XLR. Author of the letter stated he had a customer who wants my 2006 XLR, the customer want my color the exact color combination of my car. He also stated that there is a shortage of 2005 - 2007 XLR's and dealers are searching and trying to acquire these cars. This all may be just a marketing ploy to get me to trade in my car and buy a new one from them. I will call the dealership to see what this is all about and what they will offer me for my baby....I have no intention on selling unless they make an offer I cannot refuse. If they do then I will immediately search for a 2006 - 2008 XLR -V.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Got a letter today from a GM Cadillac dealer in Newport News, VA that wants to buy my XLR. Author of the letter stated he had a customer who wants my 2006 XLR, the customer want my color the exact color combination of my car. He also stated that there is a shortage of 2005 - 2007 XLR's and dealers are searching and trying to acquire these cars. This all may be just a marketing ploy to get me to trade in my car and buy a new one from them. I will call the dealership to see what this is all about and what they will offer me for my baby....I have no intention on selling unless they make an offer I cannot refuse. If they do then I will immediately search for a 2006 - 2008 XLR -V.

The dealers (all brands) down here have been using the direct mail tactic for a couple of years. I believe they collect info from the motor vehicle department and start a mass mailing. Let us know how this turns out for you.

The dealers (all brands) down here have been using the direct mail tactic for a couple of years. I believe they collect info from the motor vehicle department and start a mass mailing. Let us know how this turns out for you.

Yes this is a ploy to get you to sell your baby. My mom gets these letters all the time for her srx. :dunno:

This is what I suspect also, they collect info from DMV and GM warranty.

Yeah, every few months I get a letter like that from my local dealer. It's always got a reward of some sort just for coming in to discuss it. I've collected at least 3, maybe 4 "$5 in gold coins", and the last two times the ante went up to a $20 gift card at Publix (local, very good grocery chain we shop at every week anyway). They are good sports about it and don't subject me to any sort of sales effort beyond asking if I'm still planning on keeping it.

The last two times I've also gotten a phone call a couple days after receiving the letter trying to get me to set up an appointment to come in so Tim can give me his immediate attention...

Well I made the call and spoke with Mike today, he in fact has someone who is interested in my car and offered me $27.5K for my car, which I turned down. Waiting to see what happens next.

Well I made the call and spoke with Mike today, he in fact has someone who is interested in my car and offered me $27.5K for my car, which I turned down. Waiting to see what happens next.

They must be on something or just wishful thinking. That offer is an insult, check out Kelly Blue Book.

They must be on something or just wishful thinking. That offer is an insult, check out Kelly Blue Book.

Had the KBB in front of me during the discussion. I added 7K for the recently rebuilt engine and another 3K for the new 36/36 GMPP warranty that I just purchased. I told him that the engine was recently rebuilt by GM and had less than 3K on the engine and the rest of the car was in excellent condition. Told him I was not interested in any offers under 38K.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry